Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
474 Posts
Just checking real quick to see if anyone has thought of or actually had their bike wrapped with some type of paint protection like 3M. This is probably more for the guys that own a Red 959 as I have heard it doesn't come with a clear coat. I own a white one but was thinking about having it done. I am hesitant though because when it's done I don't want to be able to see it at all. If someone has had it done to there bike please let me know and if you are in the SoCal or Phoenix area even better.
I got the opti-coat done to mine by a local paint shop in Washington state. I had the dealer drive it directly there and picked up the bike after the opti-coat had cleared. Since it's a coating over the paint, there is nothing to be seen (as opposed to a plastic wrap).

· Premium Member
474 Posts
I have a red 959, and I had the clear film done on my bike last month. You really can't tell unless you are really up close. It cost me around $700, and the brand of the film is SunTek.
$700 sounds expensive! How much would it be to repaint the bike in a few years? $1,000? Or is it more expensive?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.