Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking real quick to see if anyone has thought of or actually had their bike wrapped with some type of paint protection like 3M. This is probably more for the guys that own a Red 959 as I have heard it doesn't come with a clear coat. I own a white one but was thinking about having it done. I am hesitant though because when it's done I don't want to be able to see it at all. If someone has had it done to there bike please let me know and if you are in the SoCal or Phoenix area even better.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had Ventureshield applied.
Yes you can see it if you are closer than 1 metre (3 feet).

The nose/screen, tank, and rear have had the template provided by 3m applied. When close, you can see the edges of the film.
The front, tank and rear template comes in multiple parts, and you can also see the edges.
I opted for a full wrap (as opposed to template on leading edges only) for the side and bottom fairings. You can see where the film has been stretched to follow the tighter curves where the holes/vents are in the bottom fairing particularly.
There are some flaws in the film that are also visible.
The front fender has a matte section of film applied to the leading edge. I'm not sure if you could ask for matte film to be used for the whole template, thereby eliminating the gloss on matte white issue.

I'm not sure if I would have it done again.....I'll see how it goes in time, but here in Western Australia, many of the country roads have bauxite pebbles that flick up and chip everything, so I chose to see film instead of stone chips.

Cheers
Makes sense to have it done, I just don't want to be able to know that it's there but I guess that might be the tradeoff to make sure that your bike is kept looking good. Thanks for the info, I am going to keep doing research but as of now I am thinking of only getting the leading edges done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.