Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Painted heel guards wrinkle black.

8K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  wxwax 
#1 ·
I got tired of looking at my scratched up heel guards, so I am trying out a wrinkle black finish. It's a lot cheaper than carbon guards and until I get some new rearsets it will have to do. Hopefully it will last a bit. Let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the texture. How did you apply it?

#7 ·
I would like to see what the swing arm on my RR would look like with this finish...

#8 ·
Probably pretty nice. The finish comes out pretty nicely. As long as you apply the same number of coats to the entire swingarm the degree of wrinkle will be the same throughout. And you can do the whole thing with one can I think it will about 14 sq ft.

#9 ·
I like it too!
By the way, the heel guards are very sharp on the top. You can literally cut yourself on these things. I noticed that my boots are scratched on the inside of the heel because of this.

Maybe the guards are not that sharp anymore after applying this finish?

#10 ·
I like it too!

By the way, the heel guards are very sharp on the top. You can literally cut yourself on these things. I noticed that my boots are scratched on the inside of the heel because of this.

Maybe the guards are not that sharp anymore after applying this finish?

It smoothed it out a bit, and I also sanded it just a little for prep. I don't think it will scratch my boots anymore. I have all sort of scrapes and nicks on the hard plastic on heel of my boots as well.

#16 ·
Might try this out. How's your heel feel against the swingarm?

#21 ·
I apologize for the delay. I've been really busy with work. They're worn flat in some spots, but still black. I ride just about every day and often wear boots with hard plastic heel cups. It works for me but the perfectionist out there might want to bake a new coat on every now and then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.