Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I dig it Tex, about to swap out my first set of tires and may give it a try if winter comes back and the bike is back up on the stands for a while.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Sure. A touch of personal bling is good as it breaks the black.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
#blacktiresmatter

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback. The paint I used was testers enamel paint pen gloss red.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think it looks good! Can you give any insight to the actual application of it? Was it a PITA to get just right or was it a pretty easy process?

Thanks,
-John

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
it takes a steady hand to stay on the emboss of the lettering - it's not that tough

·
Registered
35 Posts
I really like it, good job!
I have been thinking of painting Brembo letteres on brake caliper in red, just wondering if your marker will do the trick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was cake for the application. The marker I used has a dual tip so you can get in the tight areas and wide areas. I would say if you decide to do it then you should get a couple of markers. I used a full marker on just one side. It takes some time but it goes on easy. I did three coats just to make sure it stayed fully colored in. Shake the marker well just like spray paint can at first use. The dab it on something to get the paint flowing to the end. As long as you don't rush it and dab as you go there won't be problems.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Bling is like a womans makeup, a little is fine but don't cross the line.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Looks good! It's hard to find a red that covers well and stays bright enough.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I really like it, good job!
I have been thinking of painting Brembo letteres on brake caliper in red, just wondering if your marker will do the trick
I had mine painted by a professional freehand pinstripe painter in my area. Posting so you can see the end result...

-John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Your pinstripes are awesome but those are not Marchesini forged wheels. Whatever makes you happy but the line has been crossed here.
It will have an impact on how you will be perceived by those in the know. I'm just stating a personal opinion. It's your bike and have fun with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your pinstripes are awesome but those are not Marchesini forged wheels. Whatever makes you happy but the line has been crossed here.
It will have an impact on how you will be perceived by those in the know. I'm just stating a personal opinion. It's your bike and have fun with it.
Understood. Do you know the actual brand of these wheels? I will have some rim decals made up but I can't tell, are they Brembo wheels? Kind of looks like that is the stamp on them... otherwise, I may just have some made up with the tricolore Italian flag/stripes with no lettering on them.

-John

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hi John, don't know the wheel manufacturer other than Ducati. I'll have to look at that but if the wheels are in fact made by Brembo, then sure, put that in. An Italian flag decal in the pinstripe gap would look good also. Lot's of generic things could go there as well. Even your initials in script could look very elegant.

·
Registered
439 Posts
They are Enkei.

·
Registered
38 Posts
New rim decals...

-John

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts