Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got this message as wel?

Came from the same organization as for the Throttle Spacer kit.

More info at:
https://panigaleheatshield.com/

Btw: I am not related to this organization, so no commercial interest what so ever. Just sharing as I found this quite interesting.

Attachments

Reactions: Ghettobird

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got an email as well. Interesting product if it can reduce the heat as much as their marketing shows.

Call me crazy but I kind of like the heat my 959 puts off, but I might be singing a different story once summer comes around again here in Aus!!

Reactions: goat

·
Registered
892 Posts
@panigalespacers has been doing some extensive marketing work as well. I've seen the ad on Facebook for a couple of weeks now.

Having a kit like this is nice - no cutting needed.

Not related to @panigalespacers's kit, but here's a video that does essentially the same thing that shows what you could expect from it:

Reactions: Momo and Aldo

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
i've ordered a set ... i like the heat in winter but any day over 25 and my nuts get home burnt
Really? I've ridden in 30 degrees where it was hot but hot all over. Not just the crotch area. Then again, I ride only with leather pants which makes a big heat insulation difference and I don't do traffic.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too kind of don't mind about the heat. Kinda like it :)
But again, I also only ride in full leathers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Let me know if you guys have any questions about the kit! Been a long time coming. Pulling this off for mass-production was a lot more complicated than I would have imagined! But I'm super happy with how they're turning out.

Rode my 899 around all summer with the kit installed, and it made all the difference. No more inner-thigh burns whilst riding through town! Between the throttle spacer kit and this, it's like an entirely new motorcycle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Really? I've ridden in 30 degrees where it was hot but hot all over. Not just the crotch area. Then again, I ride only with leather pants which makes a big heat insulation difference and I don't do traffic.
Unfortunately the only time I'm on the bike is every couple weeks and it's about 18kms to work in traffic. Don't get to do a proper ride very often anymore.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 1st week on my bike was HORRIBLE made me almost regret purchasing it but I did get use to it and learn little things to do or not to do when riding to avoid the thigh burning especially worst on my right thigh..OMG it was bad

1. Letting my thigh not hug the Fairng when stop and go traffic ...

2. Don't rev the bike so much when in stop and go traffic only when necessary to alert drivers you are there

But I did purchase the Ducati Comfort Seat made a difference

And I want to do this heat wrapping to the fenders just to see how much better it is talking to the person who did my Xpel protection wrap on my bike to do this pre cut post is excellent

THANKS for this post but in the meantime try the chicken wing spread when in stop and go traffic

And I know we love the sound of our bike but it only heard things up LOL

And the Ducati Comfort Seat makes a difference

Best of luck....and thanks for the post looking into it pre cut heat wrap NICE!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm thinking about purchasing one of these (although I was just going to buy the material, I'm a total DIY-er) but anyone have any reviews/feedback after using it for an extended period of time? Bike temps still the same, etc? Ultimately I can deal with the heat but it would be nice to avoid as long as it doesn't affect the bike in any way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine arrived this week. It's going to be 30c here tomorrow so i'll get a good gauge how toasted my nuts are tomorrow night after work. I'll be putting the heat shield on over the weekend and i'll ride to work again Monday for a comparison.

I thought it was some plastic inserts but it's basically a bunch of stickers i need to put on my parts of the bike so it will definitely not affect the bike at all. The "stickers" will absorb the heat better isi all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok so fitted it all this morning and went for a ride. About 30c ambient temp and bike was between 80c and 90c for general riding.

Definitely a lot less heat although sometimes it was burning my like usual. Overall happy with the kit.

My right *** cheek is the one that suffers. Was a happy *** cheek today haha

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
About 30c ambient temp and bike was between 80c and 90c for general riding.
I'm equally, if not more interested in your stated engine temperature.
At that ambient temperature, my engine temperature is always above 100c.
Is yours always in that 80c and 90c range?

I'd be interested to read from other members also what engine temperature others Panigale 959 are generally running at?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
@DarR - I'll be at Chuckwalla raceway on Monday - I'll switch to Celsius and see what mine reads as a comparo

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
@Dingo , Do you remember what temperature your's generally run at on the street in Fahrenheit?
Also @Viper doesn't have a stock exhaust with cat. That may account for the lower engine temperature.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If I sit at the lights it'll go to 104 or so but riding around 80-90 is the norm dependent on speed.

In winter it sits around 65-70 at night

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
@DarR - between 90 and 102C depending on the Ambient Air Temp - I don't recall it reaching near 104C

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Thanks guys. Mine is running hotter than both of yours. I'll have that checked.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks guys. Mine is running hotter than both of yours. I'll have that checked.
I regularly see 200-215 F in stop/go traffic. I have seen as low as 170 with less stopping. Stock exhaust.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts