Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed and reviewed the Panigale Spacers that can be added to any Panigale and a host of other Ducati models, including the 899 Panigale, 959 Panigale, 1199, 1299 etc. This throttle spacer kit is designed to remove the slop/play in your Ducati's ride by wire throttle system giving you much greater precision. It was immediately obvious the drastic change this had on the bike on my first spin, and it completely changes the bike for the better. You would never know that you were missing out until you install these, like I did not know. I am glad I got these bad boys, and if you are on the fence, just jump on it and youll be happy you did.

I thought id share my review for those who may be on the fence on getting these or were curious about them :)
Quick Summary:

1. Improved throttle response
2. Easier to maintain speed
3. Easier to downshift
4. Bike feels way more refined.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I met the owner last weekend, very nice guy! He said he's trying to work on a heat shield...

ohh, and I agree, these are great - the very first thing I did to my bike!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Those spacers are "the best bang for your buck" mod you can make on your new Panigale.

Reactions: wxwax and andysk585

·
Registered
28 Posts
I actually met the owner as well, real nice guy. Comes from an engineering background so you know these aren't just some makeshift pieces here. The first and still one of the best upgrades for my bike. Definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Funny - I bought a set but before they arrived I had remapped the ECU when the Akras were installed and the on/off feel of the throttle response was gone. Still have the spacers in a bag.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Funny - I bought a set but before they arrived I had remapped the ECU when the Akras were installed and the on/off feel of the throttle response was gone. Still have the spacers in a bag.
The spacers do not affect throttle response per se once you're on the gas. They simply eliminate the grip play before the throttle kicks-in.
Install them. You'll be amazed at the difference.

Reactions: Dingo

·
Registered
72 Posts
Installed tested today and nice inexpensive mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
The spacers do not affect throttle response per se once you're on the gas. They simply eliminate the grip play before the throttle kicks-in.
Install them. You'll be amazed at the difference.
The problem with the grip play is that it goes from off to too much input - nothing gradual. Now, I have more control over low throttle inputs and the on/off feeling is gone. Even old analog throttles had a bit of play, no biggie.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The problem with the grip play is that it goes from off to too much input - nothing gradual. Now, I have more control over low throttle inputs and the on/off feeling is gone. Even old analog throttles had a bit of play, no biggie.
I'm not sure if I'm reading you right. Have you installed the spacers?
Did they alleviate your issue if installed?

·
Registered
110 Posts
No, I haven't installed them. What I'm trying to say is that the initial throttle input was too abrupt before the up-map which exacerbated the issue of slop (hence why I bought the spacers). Once I re-flashed the ECU, the initial throttle input was much smoother which made going from completely off throttle (into the slop) back onto throttle not at all abrupt. IE no on/off sensation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts