Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out... a panigale as sport tourer concept like BMW did with the S1000... wouldn't that be something interesting...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can't really imagine the Panigale as a touring bike. If they do make one maybe it'll have elements of the Multistrada 1200 S.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If BMW can do it with the S1000RR Ducati can do it with the panigale...

And consider Ducati is under the Audi umbrella, and with Audi, anything BMW does Audi says we can do better!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
There sure seems to be a market for them to go after here, and with the way Ducati is growing it seems like that's something they'll eventually do.

What are the chances it will actually happen?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There sure seems to be a market for them to go after here, and with the way Ducati is growing it seems like that's something they'll eventually do.

What are the chances it will actually happen?
from what I understand the Panigale ST is an official concept from Ducati... but I've only read that in one place so not sure yet...

·
Registered
99 Posts
"it should not be informed that Ducati now proposed 1299 Superquadro"
Poorly translated by google. Maybe the 1299 will be made into a touring model.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check this out... a panigale as sport tourer concept like BMW did with the S1000... wouldn't that be something interesting...

I think thats a beautiful concept. Its awfully close to the Multi right there. Personally I would get an SS version in a new york minute.

Trim down the tail, lower the fairing a good 6 inches, and a couple of more tweaks. I've wanted one of those for a long time. A modern ST4.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think thats a beautiful concept. Its awfully close to the Multi right there. Personally I would get an SS version in a new york minute.

Trim down the tail, lower the fairing a good 6 inches, and a couple of more tweaks. I've wanted one of those for a long time. A modern ST4.
doesn't KTM offer something similar... the Super Adventure or something aptly named...

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 1290 Super Adventure? It looks like a less sporty version of the concept design of the Panigale Tourer but more realistic for most people's touring needs. Raising the bike's ground clearance is a must.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its totally possible... Kawasaki has transformed the whole Ninja line into sport tourers, leaving the ZX's as the SPORTS bikes...

·
Registered
217 Posts
The VERSYS does look like a ninja but I think it's because I'm looking at the green version and it looks nice! A more upright riding positions and a seat designed for comfort. Please let Ducati come out with a touring bike based on the panigale.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Doesn't feel like the ninja is all that great of a touring bike. Get's tiring when you're leaning over the tank for long periods of time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doesn't feel like the ninja is all that great of a touring bike. Get's tiring when you're leaning over the tank for long periods of time.
which ninja... the regular ninja 100 and 600 both have big bar risers, theres no bent in half over the tank going on...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Not surprised to hear that about Ninja, Honda's on the other hand are a great alternative, at least from my experience and from the experience of others in the community. Owning a CBR600 while you wait for when you can afford a Ducati is always a good route ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts