Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Panigale throttle spacers?

Possibly a silly question. I installed the throttle spacers today. Before I put them on I did not check the rotation length of the throttle. Is there a way to screw up putting on the spacers or putting it back together that it would limit how far you can give it more gas? Thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
If I remember correctly when I put mine in they only go on one way. I just made sure they were fully seated before I put the throttle back together. I have been using them for almost a year and no issues yet.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The spacers take up the throttle rotation slack and do nothing to the original throttle stops thus don't modify the actual range of rotation. If anything, for the worst of the worst tolerance stackup, you'd limit the range of rotation on the closed side (ie. throttle is constantly stuck open at <5%) but the upper limit should never be affected.
@panigalespacers can chime in, but its essentially fool proof. Unless you misaligned the throttle assembly to the hole in the clip-on, there shouldn't be any way you limit the range of throttle rotation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts