Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girlfriend had her first motorcycle experience (as a passenger). She has never been on bikes before. Although she had a great time, she said it was very uncomfortable. People who ride with passengers, any tips, suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
People who ride with passengers, any tips, suggestions?
I would only carry a passenger on my other bike. Taking a passenger on a sport bike - in my opinion - will never be comfy.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
@aayp - I suggest you search the custom seat manufacturers and see IF any one of them would make a custom cushion for your passenger. Good luck with that!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@aayp - I suggest you search the custom seat manufacturers and see IF any one of them would make a custom cushion for your passenger. Good luck with that!

My buddy also sent me a link from amazon for comfort seat for panigale. It's around $185. Might give it a try.. Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
trust me no passenger is ever comfortable on a sportbike. she'll have to learn to deal if she wants to be a backpack

·
Registered
69 Posts
Superbike + Rider + Passenger = A Bad Time

Just my opinion, but the first parts to come off of my bike were the passenger foot rests. My suggestion teach her how to ride and have her get a bike of her own.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The only positive outcome from having your girl ride with you is, possibly, being able to say you Beat dat Pu$$y Up!!!

Don't do it to yourself!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Superbike + Rider + Passenger = A Bad Time

Just my opinion, but the first parts to come off of my bike were the passenger foot rests. My suggestion teach her how to ride and have her get a bike of her own.

That's work in progress. She will sign up for MSF course later this year and hopefully we can get her a bike for next season.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Reactions: cavlino

·
Registered
123 Posts
I made my gf do the msf just so she can have the endorsement, I wont make her buy a bike though. She's ridden with me about 3 times and it SUCKS riding with a passenger, all the fun of riding goes straight into the shitter riding w/ her on the 959.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I made my gf do the msf just so she can have the endorsement, I wont make her buy a bike though. She's ridden with me about 3 times and it SUCKS riding with a passenger, all the fun of riding goes straight into the shitter riding w/ her on the 959.

How are you doing O_O?

I wouldn't even think about carrying a passenger on my 959.:surprise:

·
Registered
17 Posts
My GF has been on the back a few times. I'm pretty sure the seat comfort is the last thing on her mind while i'm gassing it! lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had the wife come with to take the bike for service about a year ago. We both hated the 1hr ride to and from the dealer. I promised her a more comfortable ride. it's been a little over a year now and I finally got her a more comfortable ride. I got rid of the pani for the 2018 Multistrada 1260 Pike's Peak.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Had the wife come with to take the bike for service about a year ago. We both hated the 1hr ride to and from the dealer. I promised her a more comfortable ride. it's been a little over a year now and I finally got her a more comfortable ride. I got rid of the pani for the 2018 Multistrada 1260 Pike's Peak.
Usually the car is larger than the bike. >:)
That Multi (PP) of yours is really nice. If I needed a bike for two-up riding, the Multistrada would be my first and last choice. Had a demo Multi (with panniers) courtesy of my dealer for a weekend. Loved-it!

Reactions: Ghettobird

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats on your new ride, very nice color combination.
I would have gotten rid of the wife and keep the Pain and also get the Multiv>:) Just kidding.
Its nice to share the adventures.

Reactions: Ghettobird

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats on your new ride, very nice color combination.
I would have gotten rid of the wife and keep the Pain and also get the Multiv>:) Just kidding.
Its nice to share the adventures.
Being newlyweds the thought did cross my mind to get on the bike and high tail it. LOL. Adventures are much more memorable when you can share it with a loved one. When she gets her nursing license and starts working she promise a new bike and I've got my sights on the 959 Corse.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts