Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
If the picture you posted is for the one you're buying, then it's a little different than the one that I installed. Mine makes it so that you have less storage under the seat, but it is not gone completely. With mine on, you cannot fit the tool kit there anymore.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Avigil, did you dummy cord? I've read 3 accounts of the seat or cowl going rogue mid-ride...
No. When you put it on, it snaps in place. And when you install it, you'll see that the cowl sits down inside, so I don't see how the cowl could come off.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
No. When you put it on, it snaps in place. And when you install it, you'll see that the cowl sits down inside, so I don't see how the cowl could come off.
I definitely read of one account of the cowl coming off. On 1299 I think; I'll look for a link. Either way I'm gonna dummy cord. The seat feels securely affixed, but apparently it still happens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've lost my rear seat twice so far, so I went to the dealer for lessons on how to property attach it. It really does make a distinctive "click" when it's attached properly, gotta do it just right...

Anyway, am now waiting for the cowl to arrive.Hopefully that will stay on better...

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Passenger grab strap.

Hypothetically, if you can't get a girl so you're riding mandem with your bro, he doesn't have to oh-so-gently grip your hips...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Reviving an old thread here but I didn't want to make a whole new one...

Will the 899 cowl fit a 959? I think I like the solid red/white 899 one compared to the two tone 959 one that has the little black plastic piece in the middle.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Reviving an old thread here but I didn't want to make a whole new one...

Will the 899 cowl fit a 959? I think I like the solid red/white 899 one compared to the two tone 959 one that has the little black plastic piece in the middle.
The whole tail section of the 959/1299 is different than the 899/1199 so nope.

Unless you do a conversion of sorts? Not sure if that's possible.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The whole tail section of the 959/1299 is different than the 899/1199 so nope.

Unless you do a conversion of sorts? Not sure if that's possible.
Shame, I liked the 899/1199 single seat tail piece.
Oh well never mind :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.