Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Do the 959 and 899 share the same paint color? I'm trying to pick one up but I want to make sure that the colors match.. also, does installing this remove the storage underneath completely?

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
If the picture you posted is for the one you're buying, then it's a little different than the one that I installed. Mine makes it so that you have less storage under the seat, but it is not gone completely. With mine on, you cannot fit the tool kit there anymore.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Avigil, did you dummy cord? I've read 3 accounts of the seat or cowl going rogue mid-ride...

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Avigil, did you dummy cord? I've read 3 accounts of the seat or cowl going rogue mid-ride...
No. When you put it on, it snaps in place. And when you install it, you'll see that the cowl sits down inside, so I don't see how the cowl could come off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello,

Do the 959 and 899 share the same paint color? I'm trying to pick one up but I want to make sure that the colors match.. also, does installing this remove the storage underneath completely?

This is the 899 cowl. The 959 cowl looks similar to the 1299 cowl.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
No. When you put it on, it snaps in place. And when you install it, you'll see that the cowl sits down inside, so I don't see how the cowl could come off.
I definitely read of one account of the cowl coming off. On 1299 I think; I'll look for a link. Either way I'm gonna dummy cord. The seat feels securely affixed, but apparently it still happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
959 Seat Cowl

the 899 Seat cowl is different than that of the 959.

Here is the 959 Seat cowl:

You can get one HERE

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've lost my rear seat twice so far, so I went to the dealer for lessons on how to property attach it. It really does make a distinctive "click" when it's attached properly, gotta do it just right...

Anyway, am now waiting for the cowl to arrive.Hopefully that will stay on better...

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
dummy cord that *****!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the link! I really appreciate all your help guys, I was under the impression that 899 and 959 cowls are the same. Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Remove that strap that's inside the seat cowl compartment. The cowl will snap in easier and won't get hung up on it.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Passenger grab strap.

Hypothetically, if you can't get a girl so you're riding mandem with your bro, he doesn't have to oh-so-gently grip your hips...

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Just bought and installed mine - $275 including CA sales tax.
Pictures? You must have taken pictures! It looks sooo much better with the rear seat cowl installed!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Reviving an old thread here but I didn't want to make a whole new one...

Will the 899 cowl fit a 959? I think I like the solid red/white 899 one compared to the two tone 959 one that has the little black plastic piece in the middle.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Reviving an old thread here but I didn't want to make a whole new one...

Will the 899 cowl fit a 959? I think I like the solid red/white 899 one compared to the two tone 959 one that has the little black plastic piece in the middle.
The whole tail section of the 959/1299 is different than the 899/1199 so nope.

Unless you do a conversion of sorts? Not sure if that's possible.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The whole tail section of the 959/1299 is different than the 899/1199 so nope.

Unless you do a conversion of sorts? Not sure if that's possible.
Shame, I liked the 899/1199 single seat tail piece.
Oh well never mind :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts