Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is Greg, and I'm from the east coast US. I'll be picking up my 2017 959 in the morning. I have a few questions for those that have owned multiple super sport. For those coming from a liter bike, did you miss the horse power? I know it's a superior bike, but this is really the only thing that makes me nervous about tomorrow. I'm coming from a gen 4 zx10r. Please let me know your thoughts and recommendations. I'll dig deep into the forum as well. Everyone have a great day!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
For the street and based on the following Dyno charts both published by cycleworld, I'd say you won't miss any HP or Torque as the ZX10R's power advantage is only above 10,000 rpm.

Attachments

Reactions: Vicati

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the street and based on the following Dyno charts both published by cycleworld, I'd say you won't miss any HP or Torque as the ZX10R's power advantage is only above 10,000 rpm.
That's what I needed to hear! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Another thing we sometimes forget until we ride that is:
Analyticals only goes so far. It's the shear enjoyment and satisfaction of what we ride that's important.
How does the bike make you feel when you're on on it? At that point, the charts are meaningless.
I met the owner of the following bike. I know he doesn't give a hoot about HP.

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Greg, and I'm from the east coast US. I'll be picking up my 2017 959 in the morning. I have a few questions for those that have owned multiple super sport. For those coming from a liter bike, did you miss the horse power? I know it's a superior bike, but this is really the only thing that makes me nervous about tomorrow. I'm coming from a gen 4 zx10r. Please let me know your thoughts and recommendations. I'll dig deep into the forum as well. Everyone have a great day!!

I realize this is a Ducati Panigale forum, but I am only being honest...

Despite the smaller engine size of the 899 and 959, the bike has a tremendous grin factor and is a thrill to ride each and every time I choose it over the RR. However and to the point that @DarR made, when I go immediately from my RR to the Panigale, I will constantly bang the limiter since it begins to redline where an inline 4 begins to get exciting. It will likely take a little time to get used to the power band of the twin and if you can get over the lower revving engine and delivery of higher torque at low RPMs, you will likely get a lot of excitement out of your new ride.

Unfortunately, I am going the opposite direction by starting on the Ducati and have grown to prefer the break neck > 9k 4 cylinder. I am not sure that I ever want to sell my L2, but I am looking forward to seeing the evolution of the V4. I am not after the 1103 cc engine and will likely spring on the R if it is delivered in 2019 and is closer to a liter bike, which it should for homologation purposes.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure this bike will be able to out a smile on your face no matter what the numbers. Find one of your favorite curves and really get on it as you come through the apex! Then let us know what you think!!

Reactions: gtjgot18t

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! I'm sure this bike will be able to out a smile on your face no matter what the numbers. Find one of your favorite curves and really get on it as you come through the apex! Then let us know what you think!!
I did.. I no longer care for my zx10. It's gone

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Yes sir! Just north of the shop. I'll be up there later on today!

Ah! You working with Kevin or Charlie? Tell them Doug O from Dayton, OH says hello!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
So far so good. We will see what happens on the expressway!. I know it won't be the fastest, I want her to hold her own.

Being the fastest comes down to mental aptitude... Can You Handle The Truth!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts