Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......it was good to see you out on the road on Sunday, hope you had a good ride home.:smile2:

· Premium Member
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sinjin, are you still out there?

· Registered
439 Posts
Hey Kruz! Sorry I missed your original post!!! It was good to see you too.

I meant to tell you that on the way back, I passed the bike we were talking about as he was WOT near the cemetery. Between the LEO's and tar snakes, I was riding pretty conservatively after we parted.

I just bought a Kendon trailer and am weighing whether to stick with Cresson or join ECR. ECR is running a special for $200 a month membership with unlimited track time on member days.

I am 55 miles from Cresson and 56 to ECR (smack dab in the middle), but Motorsports Ranch is evidently in much better condition at present. Being under new management and ownership, ECR is rumored to be improving and I know a few of the instructors up there. It is tempting to get in at the low membership rate.

Have you thought about riding your ZX on the street and maybe tracking one of your other bikes such as the 959?

I hope all is well.

· Premium Member
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Sinjin, unfortunately I ran into a DPS Trooper right after I talked to you and got busted 25mph over the limit back there on 455, so I have been laying low since. I hired an attorney and am going to let him handle it, in the meantime I've only ridden twice.

I think that guy on the MT-10 with the fluorescent wheels is bringing the heat down, I make one pass and leave, he seems to stay out there all day running triple digit speeds, the locals are bound to call in LEO.

ECR sounds tempting for $200 a month with unlimited track time, I am growing rather weary of dodging LEO on the backroads.

Is ECR still torn up (bumpy)? It used to be pretty rough, Cresson had a much better track surface.

· Registered
439 Posts
Hello Sinjin, unfortunately I ran into a DPS Trooper right after I talked to you and got busted 25mph over the limit back there on 455, so I have been laying low since. I hired an attorney and am going to let him handle it, in the meantime I've only ridden twice.

I think that guy on the MT-10 with the fluorescent wheels is bringing the heat down, I make one pass and leave, he seems to stay out there all day running triple digit speeds, the locals are bound to call in LEO.

ECR sounds tempting for $200 a month with unlimited track time, I am growing rather weary of dodging LEO on the backroads.

Is ECR still torn up (bumpy)? It used to be pretty rough, Cresson had a much better track surface.
Kruz,

I am sorry to hear that you wound up getting pulled over! I have to agree that all the increased activity and reckless behavior is likely resulting in residents making reports to the police. Like you, I will do one back and forth and call it whereas he seems to be out there all the time.

I called Randall Scott when I was ticketed in Irving for crossing the white line exiting the freeway and he got me deferred adjudication.

ECR is reportedly still bumpy, however there are assurances that they will be making repairs once they have improved and updated the facilities. I think they want to attract more clientele to help fund the track.

There might be a one time initiation fee to get that monthly rate, but I know a lot of interested riding buddies.

It sure beats looking out for careless drivers and the law!

Sending Good Karma your way!

Take care...

· Premium Member
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Sinjin, thanks for this information on ECR, I'll check into it. You don't happen to know if Cresson has a similar deal do you?

Cresson is a lot closer to me, still a drive though.

Looks like no riding for the next few weeks, cold temperatures forecast into January, I am not a fan of cold tires and aggressive riding.

Merry Christmas!

John

· Registered
439 Posts
I am a member at Cresson, but through a riding club here in Dallas. I pay $75 a month and then ~$120 per session, which when you work it out over the colder no riding months or if you are travelling, balances out somewhat.

Also, I get 20% off at Motoliberty, PartsUnlimited orders at a huge discount, then RPM and European Cycle Sports parts and accessories discounted. I bought my Kendon trailer through them after I got him interested in becoming a dealer and ordered a two rail ride up for a few hundred off.

The club does group rides and foreign trips together as well.

If you are interested in looking into joining let me know.

Looking at the weather, I don't plan on riding until it begins to warm up a bit.

Merry Christmas!

· Premium Member
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Sinjin!

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.