Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
We humans may not perceive a 3% difference but the system probably could.
Will it make a difference? Maybe not, unless pushed really hard like at the track.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I recently ran out of thread on my Rosso Corsa rear and put a 180/60 Supercorsa V2 rear and running the original Rosso Corsa front... no issues here in the south, way easier to throw the bike around the bends. I looked into the Rosso Corsa II before buying my current Supercorsa but 4 weeks of searching and our size wasn't available.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just installed a set of DRCII in OEM sizes, took a little bit for the rears to come available. Has anyone gotten to put and real mileage or track days on a set yet? I know a fellow 959 owner in my area that has run the front and has good things to say but he just got a rear as well. Look forward to hearing and/or sharing experiences with the new Rosso Corsa 2.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I looked into the Rosso Corsa II before buying my current Supercorsa but 4 weeks of searching and our size wasn't available.
My rear SuperCorsa is now just about to break it's skin. I was ready to switch to Rosso Corsa II rear and front however like you, stock was unavailable in a 180/60.
Consequently. I just re-purchased one of the last few SC available and will be mounting it soon.

About durability of the SuperCorsa:
To my surprise, the SC SPV2 lasted as long as the OEM Rosso Corsa. :nerd:

Reactions: Vicati

·
Registered
133 Posts
My rear SuperCorsa is now just about to break it's skin. I was ready to switch to Rosso Corsa II rear and front however like you, stock was unavailable in a 180/60.
Consequently. I just re-purchased one of the last few SC available and will be mounting it soon.

Heck yeah! I am surprised they’ve been lasting me a while as well! I been giving them ****. I love them. And since rosso corsa is sort of step down from these, I think I’m going to stay with Supercorsas. Hopefully V3 comes in 180/60 for us aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts

All street miles?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
All street miles?
No. That's another thing. I had two track days on the Supercorsa's which I didn't have on the RC OEM's.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Wow not bad
Although I can easily get the ABS to trigger, I haven't gotten to TC to light up with the SC's.
I'm now convinced to stick with the SC's (no pun intended) as they can handle more than I've been giving them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You may not know the TC is kicking in at all. I didn't know my was coming on until reviewing some video. Mine was coming on to prevent front wheel lift is my guess.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've had the same experience with Supercorsa SPs (SCs lasting longer than RCs).

First rear Rosso Corsas lasted me 2500 miles-ish? No track days on them.

Got lucky and got a free Supercorsa to replace it, two track days and 3500 miles-ish later, got a nail in it, so it probably would have went for 500miles more.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Only 2500 mi out of the OEM RC? I’m at 1200 and the thing still looks new. I’d say 90% highway. No track days.

What are thoughts on running 190/55 rear? Worth it? Or more hassle than it’s worth?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I got 2500 miles through about 25% twisties / 75% highway, fairly aggressive on the throttle enough to kick on TC on DTC 4/5. Went down to the wear bars on the sides quick with probably a decent amount of meat in the center.

1200 miles isn't a lot and tire wear largely depends on how heavy you brake and accelerate.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts