Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an opinion about the new Pirelli Slick sizing? I've been pretty happy with the 180/60 but they have discontinued it and replaced it with a 190/60.

Thanks,
t_bare

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't know dude, I just finished off a SC3 rear in a 180/60. It was fun and made me feel like a hero with all the slow predictable sliding it did. According to the spec sheet on them they are the same width and 6mm taller. (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...021_Pirelli_RR_Fitment_guide.pdf?v=1615401742) This may help me a lot because I want better turn in but the forks are on the second line showing and my front tire is hitting the radiator support under hard braking. So dropping the front down for sharper turn in will only make it worse. I think my next move will be going to a 6" rear wheel and try the WSBK sizes 200/65 & 125/70.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love the new 190 both on my race bike (R6) and on the 959 which I use for trackdays. The bike turns better and has tons of edge grip. I did have to stiffen up the shock settings (preload and comp) on the racebike to get the most out of the tire. Getting a new shock on the 959 this weekend so starting over with no data there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any issues with pushing or overdriving the front?

Thanks!
t_bare

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any issues with TC errors with the 190/60 size? Any difference in grip/feeling from the 180?

After a 9 yr hiatus, I’m back to the track trying to gain more confidence (last track day I washed out the front). I’m a slow B rider currently running Rosso Corsa 2 and they feel ok. I still feel like I’m tip-toeing around the track.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any issues with TC errors with the 190/60 size? Any difference in grip/feeling from the 180?

After a 9 yr hiatus, I’m back to the track trying to gain more confidence (last track day I washed out the front). I’m a slow B rider currently running Rosso Corsa 2 and they feel ok. I still feel like I’m tip-toeing around the track.
No issues, though I set my tc to 1 and don't pay much attention to it. The torque curve is so flat that I don't think it really needs much tc, if any. I honestly have switched back and forth between the 180 and 190 and don't feel much difference at all. The bike is so stable and confidence inspiring at lean that it's not sensitive to the 3mm change in ride height.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts