Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for inspiration for the tail of the bike, like the NRC but really looking for an integrated tail light setup. Post up what you got and help me out.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
The brightness is the same, if not better when you're sitting in a car. The license plate holder I'm going to make myself out of some 1.5mm sheet aluminum that's already anodized black, I just have to cut it out and bend it to fit, then drill 2 holes for the bolts to pass thru. The light for the plate I will not put on because my bike is only for day fun rides, it'll never be ridden at night.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The brightness is the same, if not better when you're sitting in a car. The license plate holder I'm going to make myself out of some 1.5mm sheet aluminum that's already anodized black, I just have to cut it out and bend it to fit, then drill 2 holes for the bolts to pass thru. The light for the plate I will not put on because my bike is only for day fun rides, it'll never be ridden at night.
plug and play yea? nothing else needed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Miley
I gave this some consideration also as I thought the oem tail ugly. I also thought about the nrc but honestly didn't like having indicators so close to the brake light.
R&G are popular but I could see too many screws when fitted.
What I went for and what I'm very happy with is the Evotech. Single unit piece which is totally integrated into the bike. I had wanted to put on smaller indicator lights but this would've meant a step down converter link which I didn't want to do. Honestly I'm happy with the outcome. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm the only person I have to satisfy. I'll post a true posterior view when I get a chance but these will hopefully show you what I mean
New to this lark. Having difficulty adding photos on this post. Will post them separately

Attachments

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
License plate holder

So here's my completed license plate holder - made from 3mm aluminum sheet. I just have to paint the edges with flat black - I'm extremely happy with how it turned out, and it was simple to do!
:grin2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
I've been waiting to buy a motodynamic integrated tail for like 3 years lol

Reactions: MileyCyrus

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've been waiting to buy a motodynamic integrated tail for like 3 years lol
Being new to the Panigale community and only hearing about them since 2 weeks ago :laugh:, I'm hopeful =D

·
Registered
131 Posts

Apologize for poor pic quality. Sheet on the front of the bike as I'm remodeling and had the saw running in the garage due to rain

Just took some aluminum angle cut to size and bent the angle a bit further as 90 degrees looked like it was gonna hit the fender. Then I drilled the plate holes a bit bigger to fit these LEDs. Snapped the photo with hazards on and caught with both on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts

Apologize for poor pic quality. Sheet on the front of the bike as I'm remodeling and had the saw running in the garage due to rain

Just took some aluminum angle cut to size and bent the angle a bit further as 90 degrees looked like it was gonna hit the fender. Then I drilled the plate holes a bit bigger to fit these LEDs. Snapped the photo with hazards on and caught with both on.

License plate blinkers, creative!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Anyone tried the motodynamic kit?
Going to throw out a bold statement, but I'm going to say no. Unless you've been directly involved with the "development," no one has seen/heard anything about them (or rather, anything worth noting) since over a year ago. 899 owners have been looking forward to it since beginning of 2014.

If you can get over the light sequencing, this is probably the next best thing with a similar feature set: DIY Sequential Tail Light - Ducati 1299 Forum Progress has recently halted on that one though due to vendor issues.

Otherwise, many people here will vouch for the Competition Werkes integrated light set or the NRC FEK.

Reactions: gatesb77

·
Registered
131 Posts
License plate blinkers, creative!

Works and looks great imho... super cheap too. I had some laying around but I want to say I bought 5 sets for around $20 on eBay. I have them on the front and rear of my FZ09.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Going to throw out a bold statement, but I'm going to say no. Unless you've been directly involved with the "development," no one has seen/heard anything about them (or rather, anything worth noting) since over a year ago. 899 owners have been looking forward to it since beginning of 2014.

If you can get over the light sequencing, this is probably the next best thing with a similar feature set: DIY Sequential Tail Light - Ducati 1299 Forum Progress has recently halted on that one though due to vendor issues.

Otherwise, many people here will vouch for the Competition Werkes integrated light set or the NRC FEK.

Thanks glad I asked. Saw it in an earlier post and checked out the website and looked like a pretty decent price but no reviews. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I can vouch for the Competition Werkes Integrated taillight - but that differs from the Fender Eliminator which I don't have.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts