Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I currently have Brembo Oro front rotors, Brembo SC pads, a CRG shorty CF lever, and my ABS is still intact. That being said, like others have mentioned in forums, there seems to be a slight 'disconnect' in the feel of braking and brake modulation. Don't get me wrong, the brakes work great. Some people however might describe this as a slight 'spongey' feeling... I recently changed my brake fluid and bled the system so it's not that... (though it might be just that in other people's cases if they really have intense sponge-y feeling). Anyways, was wondering if upgrading to the RCS19 would be give me increased 'connection' and better feel in modulation, or will that slight 'disconnect in feel' always be there because of the ABS system (plumbing and what not)? In terms of benefits, is it typically only worth upgrading to the RCS19 if you are disconnecting ABS altogether? Or, is it still worth upgrading to the RCS19 even with ABS still intact? I can absolutely live with (and be grateful for) the way my front braking is now. However, if I can have a more 'direct' feel with increased feel in modulation, I'm all for it. Personally, I just feel I could have a better 'connection' in front braking and brake modulation. I'd definitely ride with more confidence. Sorry to sound crass, but the way it is know, it feels like I'm braking with a condom on the front brakes. I'd like to that condom off, if you catch my drift. Let me know your experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. In the next couple months I'll be putting a rcs19 on mine and retaining the factory ABS. Depending on how it feels I might delete ABS since my bike is going to be a 80/20 track/street bike

·
Registered
118 Posts
The RCS19 will improve, but wont give you the feeling once you delete the ABS.

Im looking changing to a different type of brake fluid to see if that helps my brakes

·
Registered
215 Posts
i've ordered a kit from Omaha Ducati to delete ABS on mine. We'll see how the brakes feel before I spend the money on a RCS19

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very interested, please keep us updated when you get the kit installed

·
Registered
591 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. In the next couple months I'll be putting a rcs19 on mine and retaining the factory ABS. Depending on how it feels I might delete ABS since my bike is going to be a 80/20 track/street bike
Did you end up going with the 19? My dealer said to consider the 17 as well.

Any updates?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have replaced the MCs on every bike i have had. I have always found it to be an amazing upgrade, however I prefer the billet racing setup to the RCS. 19x18 for brake and 16x18 clutch

with that said I have not had with ABS, I will let you know when my 959 if finished and shipped out.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have replaced the MCs on every bike i have had. I have always found it to be an amazing upgrade, however I prefer the billet racing setup to the RCS. 19x18 for brake and 16x18 clutch

with that said I have not had with ABS, I will let you know when my 959 if finished and shipped out.
Do you have a link to the master you are considering? What is the benefit of the billet racing setup over the RCS?

I am looking at these components. I really hope they provide a consistently firm lever.

https://www.motomillion.com/products/brembo-19-rcs-brake-master-cylinder?variant=43400668622

https://www.motomillion.com/products/brembo-brake-master-cylidner-reservoir-mount-kit?variant=43400950414

https://www.motomillion.com/products/twm-right-hand-street-handle-bar-switch-panel-for-ducati-panigale?variant=45926627726

·
Registered
365 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts