Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So if i am thinking right, 157 hp is available on both Race and Sport, but didn't know if somebody had the chance to measure or read (in the manual) what the power output is for a Wet mode?

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
100hp if i'm not mistaken. It's 100hp smooth delivery for "low" engine, full power and smooth delivery for "med", and full power and instant delivery in "high". I skipped the medium setting and only go between default wet, and sport customized to "high" engine. I like the safety nets, but want full power...not that you asked...i just like talking about my 959 lol :nerd:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Guys,

So if i am thinking right, 157 hp is available on both Race and Sport, but didn't know if somebody had the chance to measure or read (in the manual) what the power output is for a Wet mode?

Thanks
You're in the US, right? Our bikes are 158 hp, 78 lb.-ft. and 430 lbs. wet weight as opposed to the Euro 4 bikes (157 hp, 79.2 lb.-ft. and 440 lbs. wet weight). There is no mention in the manual nor anywhere on the Ducati website of how much power the wet mode is, but the general consensus amongst journalist reviews as well as the 899's pre-instated LOW engine mode (taken from the official site's archived model page) is 100hp in smooth delivery, like @Lastknight0 suggests. In my experience—and maybe due in part to the updated electronics for this year as well—the 959 wet mode is far more docile and smoother than that of the 899. It's certainly even easier than something like the F4i, and due to the linear delivery, I can compare it to perhaps a Ninja 650 parallel-twin. We're talking "beginner bike" territory right there.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses guys, this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts