Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just took delivery of a red 2016 959. It is awesome!

I’ve ridden for 3 years/10,000 miles and the 959 is my first sport bike.

So far, I’ve only ridden it in Wet mode.

Would Power Medium, DTC 8, and ABS 3 work for me, or can Power Medium only be paired with DTC 6 or lower?

I want to be able use the full power without fear of unexpected wheelies or traction loss.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You can set individual EBC, DTC and ABS modes to your liking in each of Wet, Sport and Race modes. If you’d like to choose quick intervention of traction control and ABS in the Sport mode, go for it. I have done something similar.

I think the simplest way to avoid getting into trouble is just to ride reasonably. If you aren‘t comfortable, don’t crack open the throttle to 100% in lower gears coming out of corners, for example. There is no reason to fear the bike if you ride it reasonably.

Enjoy the new toy. Ride safely.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Quite simply, with settings that tame, cracking the throttle to 100% in a turn will like not make you go much faster! The bikes electronics work really well.
You can set motor to High Power and all the others to whatever you want. Set it and go for a ride. Stop and assess. Rinse repeat. Enjoy the bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I understand your concern. As mentioned above, you really have to spend some time experimenting with the different settings to see what works for you. That said, the 959 has a very smooth and predictable power band with no real hard hits anywhere, and the stock tires give excellent feedback. If you dial in too much restriction (both in ETC and engine mode) the bike will become more difficult to ride. I would suggest starting in the middle somewhere and concentrate more on your inputs with the bike. Electronics will not guarantee your safety. (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts