Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't come up with much on this topic.

Has anyone installed the Powerlet / iPhone power on the 959 ?

Any lessons learned when it comes to getting to the battery and running the wire up to the bars?

Thanks!

Chris

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
I don't know what that male plug is...

I do have a battery tender connection going unused. I'd probably try and use that first and foremost.

The biggest issue is that I haven't found a way to secure my phone to my bars that I really like. Power is the easy part..

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't know what that male plug is...

I do have a battery tender connection going unused. I'd probably try and use that first and foremost.

The biggest issue is that I haven't found a way to secure my phone to my bars that I really like. Power is the easy part..
Looks like the 899 guys have it solved...
HOW-TO: Install RAM Mount B342 Securely - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

Ducati Accessories | Ducati Apparel | Ducati OEM Parts | Ducati Omaha Panigale&type2=Accessory Mounts&category=Bike Specific Bases&ItemNum=219090

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
This thing is such an abortion with the necessary clamp and adapter.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those that are looking to do this, just a heads up to buy the next size down for the toggle bolt. The one listed here is to big and will not fit through the opening.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Size down in diameter or length?

How high is the top of the mounted phone to the bars or triple?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
This thing is such an abortion with the necessary clamp and adapter.
True dat. I installed the RAM-B-342U and the RAM-HOL-UN7BU. Looks good - to me, anyway. I bought it to ride the snot out of, not to take it to the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. Anyway, I moved the universal mount to the left 90 degrees. I put my 6S edge in there when I need a GPS. Otherwise, it just stays tucked away so I can use my regular earplugs instead of the wireless bluetooth ones. The mount doesn't have all the Rube Goldberg stuff on it. Just one, clean piece.

·
Registered
82 Posts
True dat. I installed the RAM-B-342U and the RAM-HOL-UN7BU. Looks good - to me, anyway. I bought it to ride the snot out of, not to take it to the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. Anyway, I moved the universal mount to the left 90 degrees. I put my 6S edge in there when I need a GPS. Otherwise, it just stays tucked away so I can use my regular earplugs instead of the wireless bluetooth ones. The mount doesn't have all the Rube Goldberg stuff on it. Just one, clean piece.
Sorry, I forgot to add that I used the RAP-B-201U-A mount. RAM Composite Short Double Socket Arm for 1" Balls - RAP-B-201U-A | RAM Mounts . It's a pretty nice setup, I think. Of course, RAM now has the RAM Fork Stem Mount with Short Double Socket Arm & Universal X-Grip® Cell/iPhone Cradle Unpackaged - RAM-B-176-A-UN7U | RAM Mounts so you can get a low-profile mount in one stop.

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts

hahaha, Rube Goldberg phone mount, LMAO!

I wish they have a universal phone holder that clipped to the upper triple and only added like 1- 1.5" height... instead of 6"..

Profile view of a bike with all the ram nonsense must look like a tv on an articulating arm wall mount...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pics pls :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
I just bought the Lifeproof Lifeactiv Multipurpose mount.

I did a couple little test fits and I've got a quick disconnect dummy cord laying around from a night vision scope attachment so I've got a plan. The mount is both magnetic and has a mechanical latch. It's fairly strong and I've used the 3m adhesive it comes with in a slew of military and industrial applications so I'm trusting of all the mounting interfaces so far. But you can never go wrong with a back-up dummy cord...

I'm gonna attach it to the triple clamp and it should reside very flat and fairly cleanly.

It's secured via x2 8-32 SHCS and a cross bar beneath the triple...

One of the lifeproof mounting pieces is molded with clearance holes for screws...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Would love to see some pictures when your done Kevin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts