Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what bike you traded or owned before your 899 or 959 Ducati.
My is currently a 2014 CBR1000RR which should have served me for 6 months by the time my new 959 arrives.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is so awesome! A really fantastic looking bike. Black really shows off its lines.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
My last bike was a 2013 1199S.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was watching a YouTube clip today of a guy in England reviewing both the 899 and the 1159S. He loved the 899 and reckoned it had heaps of power and would be great to commute on. Then he rode the 1159S and was blown away by the power saying he would love to own one, Bottomline was if you ride every day to work and do the odd trackday then go for the 899. If you want to crack a big cheesy grin every time you ride go for the 1159S. The 2014 1159S would cost me about $9000 more than the 2016 959.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well the 959 came into the garage as a trade for a 2014 MV Agust Brutale RR LE that I only rode for 800 miles...but she is not the first duc to grace our Garage. The wife and I have been avid ducatista for many years. See some of the bikes we have owned in the past years.,... LOL!!! some ppl say I have bike ADD....
The brutale followed by our current bikes, the ducs... I will not bore you with the Jap bikes... and KTM's lets just say in 20 years I have sold a lot of two wheels ROFL.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well the 959 came into the garage as a trade for a 2014 MV Agust Brutale RR LE that I only rode for 800 miles...but she is not the first duc to grace our Garage. The wife and I have been avid ducatista for many years. See some of the bikes we have owned in the past years.,... LOL!!! some ppl say I have bike ADD....
The brutale followed by our current bikes, the ducs... I will not bore you with the Jap bikes... and KTM's lets just say in 20 years I have sold a lot of two wheels ROFL.
You probably turn a lot of heads on your street, judging from the rest of the vehicles around, although its a small sample.

Are there any other bike (or car) enthusiasts on your street?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wish... There are two other riders that I have seen and they are Harley guys. There was a young buck that rode a GSXR but he wadded it up a few months back. All my neighbors slow down when I have the garage doors open... HAHAHAHAHH.... they refers to us as the biker family...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had a 09 CBR600RRA back in 2010, sold it in 2012 (actually mom did ahaha). I finally bought a white 959 on my own which will be arriving in April.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Was she tired of you waking up the family and neighbors? :D
ahahah funny thing, I actually had my neighbour pull me over once and tell me to keep it down because he doesn't like the sound ahaha.

My mom is just super crazy when it comes to motorcycles, a bunch of kids started hopping on bikes in my area and ended up crashing them so she just got really worried aha

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Here's what I last owned. 1995 Honda CBR 600F3 - 98.6HP dyno'd at 76AAT-56%RH/ 418lbs with a full tank of gas. DynoJet PRO kit (titanium needles). Marchesini wheels. Full SS Arrow racing exhaust. K&N filter. Custom shimmed shocks. Mercedes Benz SLK teardrop front turn signals. Custom (homemade) fender eliminator.
Should've never sold her... :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I still have my previous bike. 2003 Sv650. Full Gixxer suspension, full exhaust, power commander, modded air box and even a speed sensitive stabilizer off a 2014 gixxer. The Duc doesn't even have that!
I have to sell her but it's hard to let her go after 10 years.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts