Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I know quite a few people have fitted the T-Rex sliders and I’m having an issue with mine so wondered if I could get some advice. My problem is with the left side slider (the one stamped ‘959’). As you can see from the picture I can remove the bottom two bolts underneath the shock with no issues. I then removed the small plastic cover that just pulls off to reveal the top bolt. However as you can see in the picture it is just too stiff the remove using a hand held hex tool and the problem is that the plastic frame (that is underneath the cover that pulls off) just gets in the way of getting a hex socket attached to a small breaker bar. I tried to remove the left hand faring thinking that I could then remove the plastic frame but although I could remove the faring this does not help in getting the plastic out of the way.
Did any of you also have this issue or am I just unlucky in that this one particular bolt will not loosen using just a hand hex tool? Any advice on how you managed to fit yours?

Thanks
Simon

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just put mine on. The plastic you talk about has enough flex to get in there. Don't be afraid to flex it a little but still be careful you do not over do it. I only had to use my hand hex bit wrench, it has a little more leverage than a typical hex tool.
If you are having issues getting the stock bolt out, than your really gonna hate getting the slider in there since even more clearance is removed with the spacer. That part was a little tricky for me but I got her done. Good Luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the exact same problem mate 100%. I ended up stripping the hex key and and the bolt which made me really angry. I was then forced to resort to the chisel and hammer. I lined it up and gave it one or two really good hits. The bolt loosened and i took it off by hand. I hope it helps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys! Eventually I managed to get it fitted after getting a smaller hex socket so all good now and very pleased! The only issue I now have is that when removing the small piece of plastic that just pulls off, a small oblong shape rubber grommet dropped off and I can not see where it came from. So where you push the piece of plastic back on there are actually three rubber grommets - two round ones and the oblong shaped one and they are all in place. However this additional oblong shaped one dropped off and I can not see where it has come from - it does not seem to fit behind the other oblong shaped one so does anyone have any ideas? See the pictures as this might help?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
That rectangular rubber grommet fits inside the hole the plastic cover fits in - it's how the cover stops from popping out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dingo - the issue is that there is already a rubber grommet in the hole - the picture shows the three rubber grommets in place so that's why I'm confused as to where this one has come from!!! It's now a 'spare' as the plastic cover seems to stay in place but of course I'm concerned that obviously the 'spare' rubber grommet has come from somewhere :)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
got it @redsc1 - perhaps the tech who put it together used it on the back side, once the plastic was in place? After looking at your first pic, you might want to center your top round grommet, its half pushed in.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
the 10 minute time has elapsed and I cannot edit my last post...

I checked the Spare Parts Catalogue - here's a pic indicating where 3 of Part #8 (the Rubber Pad) goes

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, thanks Dingo - so it looks like all the flexing of the plastic bit to move it out of way to get the existing bolt out, and the new slider bolt inserted may have jiggled one of those other rubber grommets lose!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm resurrecting this one. As I was installing the clutch cover case, I noticed it didn't line up perfectly. As I was slowly hand tightening while checking for alignment, the cover would tighten into a spot that isn't perfect (see pics).

I tried multiple times to make sure it's aligned before I properly torque it into place but it still doesn't align up perfectly. Eventually, I just gave up and thought that it's good enough. Did anyone else encounter this issue with their clutch cover case?

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
I asked T-rex customer service about the misalignment and if it's a common issue. They said it is, and they designed it to "fit snug against the casing and flex around it." Not a satisfying answer but I guess the issue is minor.

In other news the front axle slider bolts were too short so they are sending me longer ones.

Everything else was pretty smooth to install.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm resurrecting this one. As I was installing the clutch cover case, I noticed it didn't line up perfectly. As I was slowly hand tightening while checking for alignment, the cover would tighten into a spot that isn't perfect (see pics).

I tried multiple times to make sure it's aligned before I properly torque it into place but it still doesn't align up perfectly. Eventually, I just gave up and thought that it's good enough. Did anyone else encounter this issue with their clutch cover case?
I did not have this problem when I installed my kit.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I think I got unlucky with a slightly defective product. I'm disappointed with their quality control for a $200 product.
Understood. I have a Sato slider on the clutch pedal side and the Trex on the brake lever side just like yours.

The upside is that with a bit of trimming of the material, it will fit your bike perfectly, it looks great on the bike (not so much on the other side and most importantly, it will protect your bike if/when it falls over. Ask me how I know :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts