Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all ! I'm Kevin, used to ride a 2001 CBR600F4i with 04' fairings. Unfortunately had to sell my bike and get a beat around car for practicality reasons but now seems like I can fit another bike into the garage.

Absolutely love the 959, and they're priced within my reason which is what's convincing me even more. Love how it looks in the arctic white silk. Hopefully I'll be able to wiggle my way around the schedule and check it out.

Anyhow, just wanted to drop a thread to introduce myself to this community as I love forums. Can't wait to get to know you guys ! I'll try to post a picture of my old bike if anyone is interested :smile2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good day all ! I'm Kevin, used to ride a 2001 CBR600F4i with 04' fairings. Unfortunately had to sell my bike and get a beat around car for practicality reasons but now seems like I can fit another bike into the garage.

Absolutely love the 959, and they're priced within my reason which is what's convincing me even more. Love how it looks in the arctic white silk. Hopefully I'll be able to wiggle my way around the schedule and check it out.

Anyhow, just wanted to drop a thread to introduce myself to this community as I love forums. Can't wait to get to know you guys ! I'll try to post a picture of my old bike if anyone is interested :smile2:
The electronics and technology going from a 2001 Honda to a 2016/17 Ducat will blow you away. : ) 959 is definitely a well rounded bike, I'd call it performance perfection. ; ) Welcome abroad, go nab one. Used is always a good option in my book.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good luck with the purchase, hopefully soon!

Besides how sexy they are (AWS is where its at) and their price point, what else is pushing you towards a new 959?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The electronics and technology going from a 2001 Honda to a 2016/17 Ducat will blow you away. : ) 959 is definitely a well rounded bike, I'd call it performance perfection. ; ) Welcome abroad, go nab one. Used is always a good option in my book.
Thanks Panza ! So far off of the brief searches I made, I couldn't find any used but I found 2 new ones that were around my area, and they're coming in at just over $17k CAD before taxes and fees.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forums! Good luck with the purchase, hopefully soon!

Besides how sexy they are (AWS is where its at) and their price point, what else is pushing you towards a new 959?
I'm looking for something with a bit more speed. The CBR was really my first and last bike that I've owned but I got used to it fairly quickly and had a lot of time with it. My main thing is that the 959 is just drop-dead gorgeous though, as soon as I seen it, I knew it was something I wanted. Heard it had smooth power delivery which is a key thing for me, especially when up-sizing so it was kind of a win-win I guess :)

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Welcome! As others have pointed out, I think the Ducati did a great job with the 959. Very user friendly for "sporty" street riding, but not so much for around town riding as to be expected with any sport bike. The power delivery is very smooth and predictable on these bikes.

Reactions: YOGI-G

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! As others have pointed out, I think the Ducati did a great job with the 959. Very user friendly for "sporty" street riding, but not so much for around town riding as to be expected with any sport bike. The power delivery is very smooth and predictable on these bikes.
Thanks ! That's great to hear, especially considering that impressive list of bikes you have :| That's intense !

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Thanks ! That's great to hear, especially considering that impressive list of bikes you have :| That's intense !
Yeah, that's what being single with no kids will get ya! lol! I've also previously owned a 750 monster, 748, 749, and an 848, so I've had some experience with the Ducati brand. The Panigale line is by far their best effort to date IMO. Second would be the 749 / 999 series. Although not hugely popular in the design dept, I think it this was their best handling super bike prior to the Panigale.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You seem like someone that would be on their vip list at this point ;) But that's definitely some valuable information for me, Thanks !

Just drawing me more and more to pulling the trigger on this :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Although I've been riding ALOT over the last 30 years, I've not much experience with "super sport" bikes. Mostly street bikes and cruisers, and plenty of endurance riding - so this Panigale thing is a pretty new experience for me. I went into the dealer thinking I wanted a Monster, but for a lark I took a rip on a Panigale and couldn't believe how much fun it was! Not only that, it felt VERY safe and easy to ride. Smooth and even power was my first impression. It's a REALLY fun bike to ride.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Although I've been riding ALOT over the last 30 years, I've not much experience with "super sport" bikes. Mostly street bikes and cruisers, and plenty of endurance riding - so this Panigale thing is a pretty new experience for me. I went into the dealer thinking I wanted a Monster, but for a lark I took a rip on a Panigale and couldn't believe how much fun it was! Not only that, it felt VERY safe and easy to ride. Smooth and even power was my first impression. It's a REALLY fun bike to ride.
There is another thread that might be useful for you.
http://www.959panigale.net/forum/959-panigale-owners-check-area/5689-what-did-you-ride-before.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts