Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been riding into work the past couple of days and have been parking it close to my work place. Not sure who did it but I'm guessing someone accidentally bumped my mirror because this is what happened ( pls refer to picture). If it wasn't some tourist (I work and park near an area with plenty of tourists/people thinking the bike would be safe) it may have been the rider of the bike parked next to me.
I've spoken to my dealer and he said that this is getting fairly common with the 959/1299 due to having a fixed mirror. And he has even complained to Ducati that their mirrors are too brittle. So now I'm waiting to get a new mirror which will take around 1-2 weeks and cost me around $300!!! Arghhhh! So frustrating.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh man...

I'm sorry to hear that - what a dog act to do that to someone...

No note either... I hope karma pays them a little visit!

DJ

·
Registered
892 Posts
Not looking to other options for mirrors? OEM mirrors seem to be made of toothpicks.

I love my CRG Arrow bar end mirror on my clutch side, can see left lane, behind me, and about 1/3 of right lane about 20 feet back. You'd have to get mirror block-offs and different turn signals though.

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine has gone through 2 mirrors - one just sitting in the showroom and one rattled off in my garage while warming it up (a week after possession) :D. Ducati replaced it for free - I think they know there's a problem.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I have a little different take based on what happened to me. A minivan took a left turn right in front of me. I braked as quickly as I could and my mirror was the only thing that contacted it. My mirror broke off. If it would not have broken, I'm sure that I would have went down. So for me the cheap plastic came in handy. ;)

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, that's exactly why they make them that way. However, I believe these are too weak. When somebody can just brush against them and they weaken to the point where the vibration of the bike will finish the job ... I dunno. Fold ins are a much more elegant, practical, and frugal solution IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts