Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I took delivery of my new Panigale 959 (white), what a beast. Haven't ridden in 10 years, since 2007, and it felt like the first time :)
Literally, leaving the dealership I felt like a dork, the rustiness started to fade somewhat later on.
Today I rode for an hour, was all about re-learning the position, smoothness of cluth and brakes, etc. I guess I will have to take it easy for some time, not bad, until I am more comfortable. Bay steps (ironic on a 56 yo).
Here is a quick picture.
Regards to all

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure you'll love your bike.

Reactions: Spanishcop

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was the same. I was over 15 years without riding and as you did felt like a gumby when I putted out of the dealership. I was concerned going for the 959 and not something smaller. But it did not take me long to adjust and feel confortable on my bike. Hope you are the same.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well yesterday I took delivery of my new Panigale 959 (white), what a beast. Haven't ridden in 10 years, since 2007, and it felt like the first time :)

Literally, leaving the dealership I felt like a dork, the rustiness started to fade somewhat later on.

Today I rode for an hour, was all about re-learning the position, smoothness of cluth and brakes, etc. I guess I will have to take it easy for some time, not bad, until I am more comfortable. Bay steps (ironic on a 56 yo).

Here is a quick picture.

Regards to all

Congrats on your new bike. Your going to love it. I was in the same situation as you. I had a Ninja 250 that I rode through high school. Rode it from until 2004 when I sold it.

12 years later (couple weeks ago) I purchased my new 959 Panigale. Ducati was like my dream bike and it was a huge jump in power on top of the years without riding. It has been an awesome experience with it and I feel very addicted to riding this bike. Can't get enough riding time on it lol.

I think you made a great choice. Mine is red, but I think both are beautiful. Enjoy your ride and stay safe!!!!

Oh yeah.... Get that fender eliminator on there. That's a must!!!! Hehehe

Original look with ugly license plate holder/fender

After fender eliminator....

None the less an awesome ride....Enjoy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on your new bike. Your going to love it. I was in the same situation as you. I had a Ninja 250 that I rode through high school. Rode it from until 2004 when I sold it.

12 years later (couple weeks ago) I purchased my new 959 Panigale. Ducati was like my dream bike and it was a huge jump in power on top of the years without riding. It has been an awesome experience with it and I feel very addicted to riding this bike. Can't get enough riding time on it lol.

I think you made a great choice. Mine is red, but I think both are beautiful. Enjoy your ride and stay safe!!!!

Oh yeah.... Get that fender eliminator on there. That's a must!!!! Hehehe

Original look with ugly license plate holder/fender

After fender eliminator....

None the less an awesome ride....Enjoy!!!!

Agree, the license plate holder has to go. breaks with the flow of the bike. Red is the classic color, can't go wrong with that. I had 2 reds, so wanted to try something different, but it is a looker any way you go.
Thanks for the welcoming.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was the same. I was over 15 years without riding and as you did felt like a gumby when I putted out of the dealership. I was concerned going for the 959 and not something smaller. But it did not take me long to adjust and feel confortable on my bike. Hope you are the same.
Yes, is coming back, but was scared as s#!t before engaging first gear, was thinking "what did I get into", 2 minutes later I was in heaven, still sloppy, but in heaven 0:)
Appreciate the feedback. Best

Reactions: Spanishcop

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
@MiamiJAG - Congrats and welcome to the family!
you'll get up to speed in no time, especially with the DQS and TCS

·
487 Posts
@MiamiJAG congratulations on your purchase.

We've got a ton of parts for your 959 in stock in Miami so you know who to message if you need anything. Including the NRC fender eliminator kits.

Also are you insured? If so, what company did you go with? I'm finding a hard time finding reasonable quotes.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Congrats on making the plunge and getting back on a bike!

How's the 959 been treating?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@MiamiJAG - Congrats and welcome to the family!
you'll get up to speed in no time, especially with the DQS and TCS
Yes, I find it easy to drive compared to my 916.
I was using rain setting first, now I changed to sport, but I've been having issues coming from a stop (the dreaded stall in front of everybody, not cool).
I think I will go back to the rain setting :(
Was planning on setting in sport as follows: DTC 6, EBC 1, ABS 2. Any toughts?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@MiamiJAG congratulations on your purchase.

We've got a ton of parts for your 959 in stock in Miami so you know who to message if you need anything. Including the NRC fender eliminator kits.

Also are you insured? If so, what company did you go with? I'm finding a hard time finding reasonable quotes.
I'll look you up after I recoup a bit, had to buy a lot of new stuff. **** beers!

Regarding insurance I went with GEICO, I have 3 cars insured with them, and they were much cheaper than Progressive $9k (that is lump payment, saving $1.8!!! Waat?), or Allstate $6k.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I'm sure it is @MiamiJAG! You'll get a feel for her quickly I think. The clutch grabs at the beginning of the lever as opposed to the end like my Monster and probably your 916.

Thoughts on your rider aid settings: I run DTC 3, EBC 3, and ABS 1. I would suggest kicking back (or turning up in this case) your EBC setting to 2 or 3. That should make your downshifting a bit smoother. The slipper will handle anything extreme. You're more than safe with your DTC on 6. I'm sure you'll start dialing that back as you get comfortable. These bikes are phenomenal out of the corners so as you pick up the pace you'll probably want more "pull" and less intrusion of the DTC.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll look you up after I recoup a bit, had to buy a lot of new stuff. **** beers!

Regarding insurance I went with GEICO, I have 3 cars insured with them, and they were much cheaper than Progressive $9k (that is lump payment, saving $1.8!!! Waat?), or Allstate $6k.

Sheesh.....I pay 3380 a year and I pay monthly. Full year payment would be even cheaper. Thats for 3 cars and bike with 250 deductibles on everything and full coverage.

·
487 Posts
Sheesh.....I pay 3380 a year and I pay monthly. Full year payment would be even cheaper. Thats for 3 cars and bike with 250 deductibles on everything and full coverage.

Where are you located? And who are you using?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sure it is @MiamiJAG! You'll get a feel for her quickly I think. The clutch grabs at the beginning of the lever as opposed to the end like my Monster and probably your 916.

Thoughts on your rider aid settings: I run DTC 3, EBC 3, and ABS 1. I would suggest kicking back (or turning up in this case) your EBC setting to 2 or 3. That should make your downshifting a bit smoother. The slipper will handle anything extreme. You're more than safe with your DTC on 6. I'm sure you'll start dialing that back as you get comfortable. These bikes are phenomenal out of the corners so as you pick up the pace you'll probably want more "pull" and less intrusion of the DTC.
Well, today I went back to chicken "rain" setting. Going to ride it there for a while, today it went way smoother. When I go back to sport, I am going to try the settings you suggested . Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Ouch, that is hard.
The "standard" deductible is $500, I increased it to a $1k, and it went down a lot. Give them a call and play with that, maybe it might help you. Good luck!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Where are you located? And who are you using?

I'm in Ohio and I use American Family Insurance. I've heard State Farm is even cheaper. I'm looking into that. Reference vehicles on the insurance I have a 2008 bmw 328xi and a 1994 Nissan 300zx twin turbo with 15,000 in upgrades and car and upgrades are setup as replacement value with 250 deductibles on everything, full coverage.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I'm in CA, use Geico and pay roughly $1900/year for a 2006 Acura TL, 2008 VW Beetle and the 959 - all have full coverage @MiamiJAG - Ouch I remember those days! When I lived in Ft Lauderdale I paid almost double for the 2 cars with State Farm

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm in CA, use Geico and pay roughly $1900/year for a 2006 Acura TL, 2008 VW Beetle and the 959 - all have full coverage @MiamiJAG - Ouch I remember those days! When I lived in Ft Lauderdale I paid almost double for the 2 cars with State Farm

So I take it has something to do with Florida then?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts