Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys please can anyone can tell me , does the 959 have down quickshifter or only the shift up?
also i want to ask about race fairing kit if anyone try to install on the 959 , also does the 899 fairing kit will fit on the 959? thanks

·
487 Posts
The track fairings should be fine, since they use the same mounting points. The issue you might have is the belly pan since the exhaust is slightly different but should be able to mod it easily.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts

·
487 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
The QS works best under hard acceleration!
@srf36 - My guess is you'd run into an issue with the headlight / top faring from the 899 as the 959 is wider.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The QS works best under hard acceleration!
I was doing a quick once-over of my stock rearsets and I happened to focus on the QS and lever. I don't have exact measurements but I suspect there's between 1/4" to 5/8" of play in the shifter and associated linkage. I wonder if/how much play there is in a quality rearset like DP or Lightech.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I was doing a quick once-over of my stock rearsets and I happened to focus on the QS and lever. I don't have exact measurements but I suspect there's between 1/4" to 5/8" of play in the shifter and associated linkage. I wonder if/how much play there is in a quality rearset like DP or Lightech.
Unless they have some type of roller bearing in the pivot points, my guess is you'll find a little play in just about all of them. I have Woodcrafts on the 1199 which are in the lower end price wise, and they have about the same amount of play as the stock ones.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts