Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m really wanting a quick turn for my 959. It is something that really made a difference for me when I first changed over from a stock throttle throw. The only one I can find is from Jetprime and it converts it to cables, which I would prefer. I plan on calling to see how it all works with the ECU, sensors, etc but wanted to get feedback if anyone has installed this already. Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
You may be able to get your ECU re-mapped so WOT comes in earlier. You just won't be hitting the actual stop when you twist the throttle. However you could have them set WOT throttle to any point; 70% or even 50% rotation. Plus all your electronics would still work.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Panigales all are ride-by-wire, so there's no such thing as installing a quick turn throttle.

The methods to do it on our Panigales are as follows:
  • Run in Engine on HIGH (has built in mapping that will approximately get 100% throttle at 70% turn)
  • Like what @yzfr6i mentioned, get aftermarket ECU modded (edit the throttle mapping)

Engine on MED has a linear throttle mapping, so it's 100% throttle at 100% turn.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Interesting, so if I'm reading that right:

This kit allows you to use a non-digital quick throttle unit on your Panigale.
This kit removes the original ride-by-wire throttle assembly, replaces it with a traditional ride-by-cable throttle, which then is fed to a cable-to-wire converter of sorts. The provided Domino quick turn throttle is the cammed throttle which you'd normally see in ride-by-cable quick turn throttles?

I wouldn't believe the claim that:

This kit is used by just about all teams in WSB and WSTK championships.
...simply because they (and we by virtue of ECU mods) have the ability to modify the throttle map - no need to do it via an unnecessary conversion, but in this case, if you don't have access to the ECU, 400$ is cheaper than 800$.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes! That’s exactly how I take it. I’m hoping someone on here has installed or know someone that is running this to get some feedback. I don’t believe that claim either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like this idea. THe stock pull is too long and the bike really doesn't wake up til 85% throttle. Any reports?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts