Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've just bought a 2016 959, it is my first ducati and also my first bike with a quickshifter. I was excited about the fact of using the quickshifter but have discovered it only works maybe 1 out of 10 trys. I've tried switching the dqs off and then on again via the menu options but still only works occasionally. The bike will upshift perfectly if I use the clutch or just roll off the throttle sightly then clutchless upshift but it definitely dosnt seam to be cutting the fuel/ignition when I try clutch less upshifts with the throttle pinned, the shift rod feels solid as if the gearbox is still under load. I've also noticed the bike will clutchless down shift, as long as the throttle is completely shut the bike will drop down a gear everytime without using the clutch and without any hesitation or problems. Obviously there is no auto blipper and the standard slipper clutch is limiting the back torque/drive from the back wheel back to the engine but is it normal to be able to clutch less downshift on a 959? I have read the 959 is fitted with up only quick shifter so the fact mine can clutchless downshift every time but refuses to clutchless upshift 9 times out of 10 has me complely confused.
Thanks for any advice/suggestions

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I've just bought a 2016 959, it is my first ducati and also my first bike with a quickshifter. I was excited about the fact of using the quickshifter but have discovered it only works maybe 1 out of 10 trys. I've tried switching the dqs off and then on again via the menu options but still only works occasionally. The bike will upshift perfectly if I use the clutch or just roll off the throttle sightly then clutchless upshift but it definitely dosnt seam to be cutting the fuel/ignition when I try clutch less upshifts with the throttle pinned, the shift rod feels solid as if the gearbox is still under load. I've also noticed the bike will clutchless down shift, as long as the throttle is completely shut the bike will drop down a gear everytime without using the clutch and without any hesitation or problems. Obviously there is no auto blipper and the standard slipper clutch is limiting the back torque/drive from the back wheel back to the engine but is it normal to be able to clutch less downshift on a 959? I have read the 959 is fitted with up only quick shifter so the fact mine can clutchless downshift every time but refuses to clutchless upshift 9 times out of 10 has me complely confused.
Thanks for any advice/suggestions
Hi Shorty. I also have 2016 959 and have had issues. In your case I'd be checking the micro-switch on the shift linkage to see if it is operating mechanically and electrically. Mechanically you should see the inner shaft slide out of outer shaft on the linkage when you apply upward pressure on the change lever. If that works disconnect wires off the microswitch on the linkage and see if the switch is working with an ohm meter when you shift upwards. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts