Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the R&G tail tidy for the 959. Still using the stock indicators, thinking about changing them to Rizoma mini indicators. Install was not that difficult. I had a more difficult time removing the stock license plate bracket because it was my first time working on the 959. Overall pretty happy with the kit!

Next on the list... removing the passenger footpegs and istalling a R&G exhaust hanger. Still on the fence replacing the stock indicators.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Although a tail tidy is not at the top of my mod list, it is there nevertheless. I'm reticent from removing the turn signals but your pictures have renewed my interest in the product. I'm now considering the R&G such as yours and the Evotech Performance also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had the R&G tail tidy on my 899 and was going to fit one to my 959 as it looked good, out of stock when I phoned them so paid a little more (not much more with the 10% discount) for the Evotech, really easy to fit, and hate saying it as I've used R&G products for years, but seems better quality and looks fantastic fitted. I'm ordering the Evotech exhaust hanger next week when in stock as had an R&G on order, but was told yesterday they had to send them back to the manufacturer for some reason and not sure when they'll be back in stock!

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had the R&G tail tidy on my 899 and was going to fit one to my 959 as it looked good, out of stock when I phoned them so paid a little more (not much more with the 10% discount) for the Evotech, really easy to fit, and hate saying it as I've used R&G products for years, but seems better quality and looks fantastic fitted. I'm ordering the Evotech exhaust hanger next week when in stock as had an R&G on order, but was told yesterday they had to send them back to the manufacturer for some reason and not sure when they'll be back in stock!
That Evotech kit has a much cleaner design than the R&G. The R&G has a skeletonized design, nice, but leaves the wires exposed on the underside. Good thing you shared the issue with the exhaust hanger. I may have to go with Evotech. I wonder what's wrong with the R&G exhaust hanger.

·
487 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
That Evotech kit has a much cleaner design than the R&G. The R&G has a skeletonized design, nice, but leaves the wires exposed on the underside. Good thing you shared the issue with the exhaust hanger. I may have to go with Evotech. I wonder what's wrong with the R&G exhaust hanger.
From what I gathered talking to R&G, it was something to do with the paint, and they had to go back. I'm phoning Evotech Tuesday morning to see if theirs have arrived, they were expecting them. Hoping they have so I can get the pegs off and the hanger fitted before leaving for the Isle of Man Thursday night. I'll post some pics when its on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
From what I gathered talking to R&G, it was something to do with the paint, and they had to go back. I'm phoning Evotech Tuesday morning to see if theirs have arrived, they were expecting them. Hoping they have so I can get the pegs off and the hanger fitted before leaving for the Isle of Man Thursday night. I'll post some pics when its on.
Before leaving for the Isle of Man??? I envy you more than 50 envious people! Have a great time and don't forget to post pics!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts