Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am considering one one of either the Woolich or RapidBike and am looking for some feedback.

With the Rapid Bike, it looks like the Auto tune is is all part and parcel for what you pay, but I am struggling to understand Woolich's setup. If you go to their site, you can buy the $394 kit but that says that you need the Applicable LogBox + Zeitronix Package for the auto tune to work. Does anyone know if this is purely only for auto tuning on the fly? Is there a way I can sort of Auto Tune without the log box? As in, can I get the data from the ECU and then use the Woolich software to apply recommended changes to the ECU via USB (I am sure I have heard about this somewhere...)

So far, it seems that once RapidBike is plugged in then its the simpler of the 2, but I have also read that the woolich tune is more aggressive than the rapidbike one and gains more

Also, does anyone have any experience with installing either? I have attempted to do some work on my 959 but she isn't the easiest to work on so would like some feedback on installing both Woolich and Rapidbike

Which would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
@Headlside
Plenty of info about the Rapidbike installation here:
http://www.959panigale.net/forum/959-panigale-tuning/8346-panigale-959-rapidbike-evo.html

Even amonst the Rexxer guys, the Rapidbike is the most advanced of the piggyback systems as discussed here:
ECU re-map or install Piggy back unit? : FastBikeGear, Importers and Distributors of Motorcycle Accessories

The Rapidbike is good for when you may be changing your hardware and want a system that will adapt.
Having stated this, a re-flash is probably best if you know exactly what you have and want, such as:
Exhaust type
Baffles in or out
Cat in or out
Air Filter OEM or other
O² Sensor disabled or not
Exhaust valve disabled or not

Reactions: Headlside

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DarR

I will have a read of the links and will continue to try and get some more info around the woolich kit too

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Thanks DarR
I will have a read of the links and will continue to try and get some more info around the woolich kit too
You're welcome. IMO, your first decision is to decide between a piggy-back module or an ECU flash. Not to take anything away from Woolich Racing, but the most discussed ECU flashing firms for the Panigale are Tuneboy and Rexxer. You may want to study those as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're welcome. IMO, your first decision is to decide between a piggy-back module or an ECU flash. Not to take anything away from Woolich Racing, but the most discussed ECU flashing firms for the Panigale are Tuneboy and Rexxer. You may want to study those as well.
The problem I have is that I do not have access to a Tuner where I live. A Dyno has just opened but they only tune Power Commander at the moment so I really need something that was self adaptive which both Woolich and RB have.

From what I have read, I think i will be going with an RB Evo, purely because it looks like I need to spend $900 to get the woolich with autotune.

Now just hoping I can pick up an RB on the cheap!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Now just hoping I can pick up an RB on the cheap!
What you intend to modify on your bike should steer you in the right direction. I got a Rapidbike for two reasons: 1) I got one cheap 2) I intend to toy-around with the exhaust. If it wasn't for those two reasons, I would have allocated that money on tires and track time.
The AFR improvement is there but marginal and certainly not enough to justify paying the full price of the RB unit on a bike that's still in stock form.

Reactions: Headlside
1 - 6 of 6 Posts