Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a few minute ride in on a 959 but it is not an easy task. I currently ride a heavily modified RC51 making 150-155hp at the crank. Anyone go from an RC to a 959 and have comments on ergos/power delivery/low down tq/et cetera? This is the fourth and slowest liter bike I've owned but the 1199 (other option) seems too powerful for the wheelbase to beat on during street/canyon riding. If I can't push the bike fairly hard it is not much fun to me but I enjoy lots of power/low down tq. I compared dyno charts and even though the reduction in weight of 30-40 lbs (I have full titanium exhaust and other light weight components on the RC) is material I don't want to get a bike that's 12 years newer with the same vtwin configuration and nearly the same displacement that isn't noticeably faster. Not many twin options out there so I'll go for an 1199 otherwise.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ok, so why are you here? This isn't the right bike for you.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
It's a very easy task to walk into a Ducati dealership and take a test ride on a 959. And if your answer is no dealer in your area allows test rides, then go to an area that does!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I've never owned an RC51, but have a few friends that have and I'm somewhat familiar with those bikes. I can tell you the 959 makes an excellent street bike. The power band is smooth and predictable, it doesn't hit really hard anywhere which makes it very user friendly to ride, especially on the street. It's just a really fun machine. I really can't imagine an RC51 being very comparable to the 959 from a riders stand point. The RC platform is quite dated.

Reactions: MiamiJAG
1 - 4 of 4 Posts