Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear brake reservoir has a milk white build up in the bottom third of it…my bike only has about 2200 miles on it and I very rarely use the rear brake unless I'm riding pretty hard. Has anyone else ran into this issue or knows what might cause it. It's still the original fluid from the dealer…I will post a pic once I get back in town.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I read about that somewhere... milky white build-up in the reservoir... can't recall what it means but I'll guess water got in there...

·
Registered
439 Posts
I read about that somewhere... milky white build-up in the reservoir... can't recall what it means but I'll guess water got in there...
The rear brake reservoir sits directly next to the clutch which generates a lot of heat. Also, the lines run directly past some of the hottest areas of the bike. So whether you explicitly use the rear or not, the fluid will need to be periodically changed to remain healthy and effective.

Reactions: Aldo and dougo1199

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
A "milky" looking substance usually indicates moisture as stated above. It's a small reservoir, you can bleed in new fluid in no time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gents, here is a photo of the reservoir to give a better idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Gents, here is a photo of the reservoir to give a better idea.
Run new fluid through it, It looks dirty anyway.
That's probably the magic fix your looking for.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Run new fluid through it, It looks dirty anyway.
That's probably the magic fix your looking for.
Indeed... that fluid is way too dark and reflects the amount of heat that it is being exposed to.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I agree, you definitely need to replace that fluid. Your rear brake fluid will turn dark long before the front & clutch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just saw this thread after I started a new one. I was just wondering if anyone has found a better solution than just changing the fluids out much more frequently than normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm around the same as Nhesto as far as miles go and judging by color I should have easily changed my fluids out hundreds of miles ago. No excuse... I've been lazy but I'd like find an improvement or solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts