Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has issue has been posted before, but the rear tab on the detachable portion of the rear cowl just snapped off on me. I have less than 50 miles on the bike and have only open the darn thing a few times. Obviously an under engineered part. The dealer is going to try and warranty it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Wow, that must be defective. I've taken mine off often, just because, and never had an issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that must be defective. I've taken mine off often, just because, and never had an issue.
Sure seems like it.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer said they would warranty it, but I decided to go ahead and fix it instead. Just seems like a weak design. Anyway, you can see the fix below. I know some of you will not like the rivets. lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
If the dealer will replace it on warranty I'd get a new one. They do seem a little flimsy, don't think mine will be coming off all that often scene as you can't really fit anything under there!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the dealer will replace it on warranty I'd get a new one. They do seem a little flimsy, don't think mine will be coming off all that often scene as you can't really fit anything under there!
You're right about that! I usually carry a micro towel and a small bottle of cleaner to be able to de-bug my visor. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do that yet! lol!

The dealer said they would send it back to Ducati for warranty. So I read that as "they might warranty it". I just didn't feel like going through all that hoopla!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts