Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Was gonna ride my 959 this morning but during pre-ride checks, found that my brake lights flickered and now nothing in the rear is coming on. Passive brake light is on, but pressing either brake lever doesn't turn on the main brake light. Rear turn signals also aren't working either. 959 starts fine so probably not battery charge.

Gonna do more debug later - anyone seen this before or have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
No issues here - did you check the wiring to the back connectors? Sounds like either the connectors came loose or you have something cutting the wiring.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright this is now a major mystery.

I put my bike in battery tender, fully charged. Lights flickering (mostly off) and sounds like a muted alarm clock above the fuse box when using turn signal.

Opened up rear seat, jiggled and reconnected some wires and connectors. Lights flickering (mostly off) and sounds like a muted alarm clock above the fuse box when using turn signal.

Removed seat, tilted tank, jiggled connector near there. Here's where the mystery begins...

Lights now work, but differently. Front brake turns on both rear brake lights and left rear turn signal. Rear brake intermittently does the same.

Left turn signal turns on front and rear turn signals, but now also turns on brake light. Right turn signal works normally.

I'm completely lost now.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently there was a similar, prevalent problem in the 1199 but was fixed in the 899 release. Left hand controls start to act up over time, rendering the "up" button, right turn signal action, and horn button inoperable. Kicking on the left turn signal correctly does so, but you cannot deactivate the turn signal.

Seems like I have an ECU/black box/dash problem. I checked all of the wiring diagrams and it seems that besides the connectors in the rear seat and under the tank/main seat, the branches go all the way to the dash.

Not necessarily safe to ride it around, but I think I'm gonna have to bring it to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts