Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the bike almost 5 months now, was on the original corsa's that came off the floor.

odo reads 4200, rear started showing wire after 2100 miles of use (pre owned)

is this normal wear?

how long expected for the front to last?

maybe should check dtc controls?

got a new rear mounted RIII,
am i expected to kill a tire in 4000 +/- miles?

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
This topic has been, well, pretty much discussed to death on this forum in the past. Lot's of opinions, tire recommendations, etc. Personally I could talk about tires all day, but the bottom line is everyone gets different results. A ton of variables here.

But to try an answer your question, 4200 miles on one set of OE Corsa's is extremely good. Also, I assuming you meant to say "wear" instead of "wire"?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm with you. 4300 mi on the original pair. I think I could get another 1000 mi out of them. Will be swapping out wheels to some OZ's on the tire change.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got 3000 miles out of my original Corsas with street riding only and the rear was toast. Just switched to the Corsa IIs. Impressed with them so far

·
Registered
208 Posts
Roasted a rear rosso corsa in about 2500 highway miles. Better off with the Super Corsas as far the way I ride the thing now.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Super Corsa SP rear here, about 1200 miles is average, front Rosso Corsa maybe 1700 miles.

Like Doug said, way too many variables involved to predict accurately, rider weight, riding style e.g. throttle and braking aggressiveness, road surface, type of tires, inflation pressures, etc.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I must ride like a grandpa because I got 10k out of my rosso Corsas. 🤷‍♂️
Dang, I can only dream of getting mileage like that out of a set of tires....:grin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts