Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Rear Seat Cowl installed

31K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  dngo87 
Yes, it is easy. Here's what you do:
1. Remove the passenger seat.
2. Remove 2 hex head (3mm) bolts from the black plastic piece on the side of where the seat slid out.
3. Gently lift up and out that side of the plastic piece and tail so that the 3rd (middle) hex head bolt is exposed.
4. Remove the 3rd (middle) hex head bolt.
5. Gently push the black plastic piece back and towards the center of the bike. It should come out.
6. Install the red piece that came with your kit to the side of the tail with the 3rd (middle) hex head bolt.
7. Slide the side of the tail down into place.
8. Install the 2 hex head bolts .
9. Repeat for the other side.
10. Slide the black tail piece into place. Start from the rider's seat and slide it back until it clicks into place. Check to make sure that it clicked into place.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Looking at the red plastic pieces that come with the kit to understand how they fit and the holes line up will be helpful for you before you start. Definitely don't force anything too hard. You don't want to break any parts of this kit considering that it costs $300. Here's the link where I ordered mine:

Ducati Performance Seat cowl - 959 Panigale | 97180321A

If you look at the 3rd picture that I posted, you'll see the tool kit. With the cowl in place, it does not fit on top of the passenger strap (basically just move it back 6" in the picture). Previously, that's how it was under the passenger seat. I'll either break it into a couple smaller bags and see if it will fit and/or see if any of it can fit under the black tab section (like my friend's 1299S).
*** Thank you for these instructions---10 minute installation and looks great thanks to your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.