Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Rear Seat Cowl installed

31K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  dngo87 
I just installed my AWS seat cowl assembly..... going farther back in this thread I think I might get the carbon center piece.

I was thinking right off the bat that the fairing pieces were not the same color as my 959. Take a look and let me know what any of you think....
I ordered it through Pure-Ducati online. I had some reward points to use....

Attachments

definitely not the same tint... on another topic, I was going to get that same exact seat cover (looks good)!! How easy was it to install? Did you re-staple it? How's it feel?

@Dingo - It was super easy to install. I recommend a pneumatic staple gun if you have it. You fit the bottom first and pull it tight, then stretch the backside over nice and snug, then use a clip or clamp to hold one side tight while you pull the other side shoot a few staples and when your confident you have a secure cover you're done.

It goes right over the OEM cover, no need to strip it. Some versions have a gel pack to enhance comfort. I like the look.

It seems to match my AWS better than the seat cowl fairings do....

Shame the shade does look a tad off. Anyone else with 959 AWS have this issue?
I ended up sending it back. I haven't even opened the new one yet. They had one sent to me direct for replacement after I sent them photos of the "off" color.
Its been a while since Ive received it, I hope it matches.... Might not be returnable now:frown2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.