Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So next on my ever growing list of mods are the rear sets. I have researched the 899, 1199 and 1299 forums for discussions and ideas. Woodcraft, CNC, Rizoma and a few more come up again and again.
I am heavily leaning toward the Rizoma based on appearance (black/sharp angles lines/ red accents) and performance based on adjustability, ease of operation and overall feel. There's also the little things like being to reuse your rear brake light switch and not lose its function. Lastly price is a factor. Rizoma, who is usually priced above competitors comes in almost the lowest on these at $625 retail. Everyone else inc DP is closing in on 1k.
Thoughts ?
I'm not a racer but I do appreciate the asthetic value and cleaner , more precise shifts. The 12 point adjustability is also huge as I consider myself a shorter ride at 5'9

·
Registered
173 Posts
Definitely love the looks of the Rizoma. Wife seems happy with the factory set for now though so I doubt Ill be doing anything with them.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I have the Woodcraft brand on my 1199 - they were the first ones making the GP shift version back in 2012. Decent quality for sure, but not the slickest ones on the market. A little too much play in the levers but nothing you really notice while riding. $625 seems like a decent price for Rizomas. Like everything, you get what you pay for. Aftermarket rearsets offer better grip and more adjustability. Nice to have especially if you track your bike as the stock sets don't always offer enough height to prevent from dragging your boots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts