Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Who cares!

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
The ebay unit is not compatible with the 959 without alteration and modification, despite the advertised claims.

Look at the attached photos. The right side, brake side works really well, no problems at all.

The left side, clutch side does not fit due to the panigale frame bolt interfering with the u attachment of the rearset. Notice the contact between the parts. Some dremel work could fix that, but it would weaken the member.

Also, the bolt through the uni-ball at the end of the clutch lever rod is too short from the stock setup, I used a longer bolt and washers to prevent rubbing on the frame.

I do like the raised foot position and easily adjustable brake and clutch lever arms.

I will likely get a better quality set this summer.

Update: I reached out to the ebay seller and he said they will send a collar for the shifter rod and a bolt that will not interfere with the bracket. Standard items for a 959 install that were not included in my kit. NICE!
They were designed for the 899, with the 959 swing arm drop things changed a bit. This is a common problrm but not a big deal. The solution is to put a washer in between the frame & bracket to space it out. I did this with my Driven rear sets and it is not a problem.

·
Registered
590 Posts
They were designed for the 899, with the 959 swing arm drop things changed a bit. This is a common problem but not a big deal. The solution is to put a washer in between the frame & bracket to space it out. I did this with my Driven rear sets and it is not a problem.
Yes. I ended up shaving a bit off the metal of the U bracket in order to get clearance. I did not want to move the pegs any further aft by shifting the bracket aft. Most forward and highest foot position was my goal.

They ride well!

Put an hour on the set today on my favorite twisty roads. Love the higher and more forward foot position.

The pegs have serious grip. Too much almost. I need to get used to them or move the clutch pedal closer to my toes. I missed a few shifts today having my foot stuck on the peg.

Rear brake pressure is reduced as a result of a shorter lever arm. I could not get the ABS to trigger without effort. That takes some getting used to as well. I need to adjust the rear brake switch activation screw. Light comes on with the slightest touch of the rear brake lever.

Nice set.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Does the front end of the clutch shifter rod have adjustable length, or only the rear of the shifter rod?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have played around with this site in the past... what is interesting is how different the tire size is on the V4 vs RR. It has to be the new larger V4 Pirelli against the 190 rear since the forged HP wheels come with 200 rear.

Another interesting consideration is how for the same height and inseam person, the foot position on the V4 is ever so slightly higher than the L2 Panigale. I am speculating that it is taking into consideration the slightly wider seating position of the 4 cylinder.

I am nearly 6', however I have short legs and a long torso with a 30" inseam, so the Panigale twin was just right for me when I was shopping among it, the RR, and RSV4 way back when. Since I was new to sportbikes, I didn't like the wider stance, but after having several thousand miles and already having the RR in my garage now, I am inclined to broaden my shopping options to revisit the RSV4 and include the V4. I am anxious to see the 2019 line up including the next gen RR.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
My biggest rant about motorcycles in general

This thread is as good as it gets without creating a new one.
Why aren't stock rear-sets adjustable to a certain amount?
You would think that it's not that difficult to engineer the foot peg position with a few notches up, down and sideways.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ducati Performance rearsets

Trawled through the forums & this thread for feedback on rearsets. Opted for DP despite the extra cost as I wanted the things to fit without getting my taps or Dremel out. Rearsets are great. Brilliant quality & plenty adjustment. Set them up on the low position of the two setups which puts the foot pegs 10mm higher up than stock. Reckon you gain another 10mm with the high setting. Extra bits included for race pattern option. Can’t see that they’re set back further but they do feel more feel racy with better grip on the sole of the boot. Seem to get better access to the side stand too as the heel plate used to catch the zip on my boot.

Still tweaking lever positions but “instructions” & various fittings were provided. A bit of a metal puzzle so gave up referring to the thumbnail drawings and figured it out myself. Did a dry run then threadlocked the various pieces. Only real issues were the usual Panigale access issues. Both lower fairings off and upper left too. Ended up chopping a 5mm Allen key for getting in behind the clutch hose fitting and gear selector spline. So many components take patience to fit/remove (20 turns at 1/4 turn a time).

All in all, pretty happy. Cheaper options if you’re riding like MM#93 but don’t think his technique is based on keeping crash damage costs down.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts