Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously the lack of clearer coat on the red 959 is pretty well doncumented many people have had opti coat or some similar product applied. But I wonder if anyone has just pulled the pin and had the bike completely clear coated?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought about it but went with a clearcoat polish/resin. Similar effect to paint but only lasts about 5 years.
Got the whole bike treated though, swingarm, plastics the works and it looks pretty cool and should be heaps
easier to clean. Was just under 1K including a full detail but was well worth it. My bike now has a permanent
wet look and looks a million times better than when I picked it up from the dealer.....

·
Registered
358 Posts
You should or even have the whole bike wrapped in clear vinyl, at least then you're left with a finish that protects far better and is very forgiving no matter what you run into. Won't have to worry about rock chips.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Forgot pic, Doesn't really do it justice. And nor does artificial light but out in the sun it looks amazing....

Big thanks to Roberto from Cleanride in Western Australia for his awesome work... (No I don't work with him..lol)

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot pic, Doesn't really do it justice. And nor does artificial light but out in the sun it looks amazing....

Big thanks to Roberto from Cleanride in Western Australia for his awesome work... (No I don't work with him..lol)
So you went opti coat? And if you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?

·
Registered
82 Posts
So you went opti coat? And if you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?
Just my 2 cents, but if you're going to get a coating, get XPEL. More expensive but a much better product. So now you have another opinion. Owners opinions are subjective - probably because they already applied the product to their bike. Get owners opinions for sure and then ask a pro. Larry from Home | AMMO NYC is the East Coast guru on this stuff. Contact him and he'll give you the straight scoop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah guys, I went with Glass coat. Pretty much exactly what 2wheels said but been told it should be good for 5 - 7.

Cost is anywhere from $800 to $1000 AUD depending on where you get it done.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah guys, I went with Glass coat. Pretty much exactly what 2wheels said but been told it should be good for 5 - 7.

Cost is anywhere from $800 to $1000 AUD depending on where you get it done.
For that kind of lasting life, that is definitely a small cost to pay ! Do you have any pictures of the shine ?!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Clear Coat on White Bike

Is there a clear coat on the artic white bike? I've heard that the paint is more durable on the artic white but not sure why.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yes. The red 899/959 is the only bike in the Panigale line up that does not have a clear coat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts