Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously the lack of clearer coat on the red 959 is pretty well doncumented many people have had opti coat or some similar product applied. But I wonder if anyone has just pulled the pin and had the bike completely clear coated?

· Registered
47 Posts
I thought about it but went with a clearcoat polish/resin. Similar effect to paint but only lasts about 5 years.
Got the whole bike treated though, swingarm, plastics the works and it looks pretty cool and should be heaps
easier to clean. Was just under 1K including a full detail but was well worth it. My bike now has a permanent
wet look and looks a million times better than when I picked it up from the dealer.....

· Registered
358 Posts
You should or even have the whole bike wrapped in clear vinyl, at least then you're left with a finish that protects far better and is very forgiving no matter what you run into. Won't have to worry about rock chips.

· Registered
82 Posts
So you went opti coat? And if you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?
Just my 2 cents, but if you're going to get a coating, get XPEL. More expensive but a much better product. So now you have another opinion. Owners opinions are subjective - probably because they already applied the product to their bike. Get owners opinions for sure and then ask a pro. Larry from Home | AMMO NYC is the East Coast guru on this stuff. Contact him and he'll give you the straight scoop.

· Registered
439 Posts
Yes. The red 899/959 is the only bike in the Panigale line up that does not have a clear coat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.