Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Reach out to Ducati America and see if they will tell you where to get it - good luck! OR you could go to a top-tier autobody repair shop and have them color match it.

When I was in the process of making my custom stickers, I asked Ducati Italy for the color code to the stock 959 color of the sticker on the tank, they said - go pound sand boy!

·
Registered
439 Posts
The color code for the "Anniversary Red" Panigale is: PPG DUC.473.101

The only difference between the 1199/1299 and the 899/959 is the lack of the clear coat: PPG 228.880

I have the Panigale 1199R seat cover, so it has the decals underneath a clear coat, but it completely matches the red on the bike.

I expect that the wheels are slightly lighter.

Reactions: Aldo

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I agree, I believe the wheels are a different color.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I just painted these last month. Had a PPG dealer color match them with PPG "Shop Line" paint and clear coat. It was considerably less money than the Ducati coded paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
@dougo1199 - those bikes look great! I'd take the yellow one because I'm not particularly fond of red... I'm curious how the red painted 1199 would look next to a red 959 - are the colors close enough to notice they're the same, or is one's tint lighter or darker?

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
@dougo1199 - those bikes look great! I'd take the yellow one because I'm not particularly fond of red... I'm curious how the red painted 1199 would look next to a red 959 - are the colors close enough to notice they're the same, or is one's tint lighter or darker?
Thanks, @Dingo! being as it's track bodywork I wasn't too concerned with it being spot on, but they are very close. I'll put them together and post a pic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts