Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the rear pegs yet? I'm looking at ordering an Evotech exhaust hanger next week and just wondering if it's an easy job, I've not looked at the fixings for the rear peg......

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
The dealer never installed mine... but it's simple to remove them. You won't have any trouble.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You only have to remove the four main bolts and not the smaller ones that hold the two halves together. Two rearmost are easy to see. The two front ones are up in front of the curve of the exhaust pipe. You may want to grab a small mirror so you can see where to aim your wrench. Also it could be wise to have something to put in the holes to keep them in good condition should you want to refit the pegs later.

The box of stuff that came with your bike includes the two necessary aluminium spacers. Word of warning...stuff lots of shop rags around to prevent them disappearing into the engine/suspension cavities where they will hide for hours.

·
Registered
42 Posts
removal of the 4 bolts was easy enough. you can feel your way through the two bolts near the under-seat pipes. what stumped me was there were pegs/spacers where the bolts go that passes through the heat shield. i couldn't remove the passenger pegs because I couldn't get those pegs/spacers to clear the heat shield. do we need to remove the heat shield first (which I also need to know how to do) to remove the passenger pegs or do we just wiggle it out of the heat shield? this brings me to another question, once the passenger pegs are removed, there will be two holes open directly under the seat, I wonder if the heat from the pipe will make the seat hotter because of the open holes?

i know photos can make things clearer but I'm out of town for a few more days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the update guys, hopefully my hanger bracket will be here before I leave for the Isle of Man Thursday night.... I'll update when done.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
...what stumped me was there were pegs/spacers where the bolts go that passes through the heat shield. i couldn't remove the passenger pegs because I couldn't get those pegs/spacers to clear the heat shield. do we need to remove the heat shield first (which I also need to know how to do) to remove the passenger pegs or do we just wiggle it out of the heat shield?...
You can't remove the heat shield without removing the exhaust, unless you bend it out of shape, or unbolting the rear sub-frame and moving it up. It's a very tight fit. You'll just have to wiggle them in - it'll take some time but it's doable.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
...once the passenger pegs are removed, there will be two holes open directly under the seat, I wonder if the heat from the pipe will make the seat hotter because of the open holes?...
I don't recall seeing any open holes under the seat from the pegs not being installed, but more importantly the seat isn't warmed by the exhaust - most of the heat I've felt is coming from the sides of the engine to the inner upper-thigh area.

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to the staff at Evotech pulling out all the stops, they got me a hanger out yesterday (possibly the first one out as still show not yet available on their site) on next day delivery. Arrived this afternoon and now fitted. N

Not to bad a job, the most ditticult part is getting the rear mounts of the footbegs off and over the spacers. Took me a few minutes but managed it.

I've got the Akra shotguns fitted and had to pursuade the mounting bolt through the bracket as didn't have a star key that would fit the fastning on the Akra to loosen it off, but again managed it. Personally, I think it looks better without the pags, and as the Mrs hasn't been on the back of one of my bikes for years, off they came....

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to the staff at Evotech pulling out all the stops, they got me a hanger out yesterday (possibly the first one out as still show not yet available on their site) on next day delivery. Arrived this afternoon and now fitted. N

Not to bad a job, the most ditticult part is getting the rear mounts of the footbegs off and over the spacers. Took me a few minutes but managed it.

I've got the Akra shotguns fitted and had to pursuade the mounting bolt through the bracket as didn't have a star key that would fit the fastning on the Akra to loosen it off, but again managed it. Personally, I think it looks better without the pags, and as the Mrs hasn't been on the back of one of my bikes for years, off they came....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
it looks great - a really nice hanger... but Jeez those cans SUC*
if I i lived anywhere other than USA the first priority would be to get a USA exhaust

1 - 15 of 15 Posts