Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got some air in the system when I was bleeding the rear break which was spungy, because I didn't fill the reservoir before it drained all the way down.

I have since run half a pint through the system (without letting the reservoir run out before topping off) and still cannot get ANY rear pedal stiffness at all unless I rapidly pump 7-8 times, other than that, it just bottoms.

my research indicates that the caliper must be removed and positioned upside down because the air in the top part of the caliper is preventing it from bleeding. the problem with this is that on the 959 there is a clip holding the brake line to the inside of the right swing arm and that clip is metal (rubber cover) with a screw :mad: and I cannot get to it because the rotor is in the way.

how can I possibly correctly bleed the caliper upside down if I cannot free this clip and hence, the line, more than 2" before encountering said metal clip.

thanks for your help in advance, I am new to the forum. 馃

Registered
Hey mate. I鈥檝e had the same issue before. Remove the rear wheel and you can get to those clips with ease. Make sure the calliper is upside down and have it higher than the abs unit and the master cyclinder. If you have to fill more than 3-4 reservoirs of fluid to get the air out, you might have a faulty master cylinder. But most times it鈥檚 just the position of the the calliper being lower Than the master.

Registered
What Soof said, remove the rear wheel and you should be good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts