Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I had a small accident back in 2019 I believe and the tail kinda broke so I got the part to replace it but the right tail fairing has a crack at the moment. Im not worried about that.

My question is how to get the lock to work on the rearseat... currently it is able to lock at moment but the more I play with it.. it either doesn't click(lock easily) or it locks but doesn't want to unlock when turning the key on the lockset(rearseat ignition)

Anyone has experience getting it right? Help would be much appreciated. I have plans to put something in rearseat compartment and I want to make it easy to open and close(lock) like normal

·
Registered
9 Posts
The lock for the passenger seat is a very simple mechanism, the lock barrel that your key goes into is connected to a cable that connects to the latch, it's possible that this cable could have disconnected at either end, another theory could be that the crack in your fairing might be allowing free play and preventing the cable from generating enough tension to pull the latch,

Best just to take it off, inspect and rebuild,
Should take around 20-30minutes 👍

1 - 2 of 2 Posts