Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my windshield and while doing so I found that the wiring for one of the mirrors was pinched under a bolt and pretty much destroyed. I want to replace the wiring, but it's not obvious how to disassemble the mirror. Has anyone had any experience with this? The bike is out of warranty, and I don't want to change to different mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would just solder/splice the damaged wires. You could make a short extension between the existing ends. Looks like there is enough room there to strip the wires and repair them that way.

If you don't solder, ask someone who does or just take it into an electronics repair shop.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
There should be enough length of wire to put a new connector on where the tear in the wire is. I have the connections and the tool if you want to come down, I'll do it for you. Or you can purchase the items from Digi-Key and do it yourself. Here's the part numbers: 455-1205-ND and 455-1321-1-ND
and here's the Tool

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses! I'll try the solder/splice route.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I snapped my mirror off at the mount housing, it’s not going to be used again, but I was wondering if I could use the led’s so I pried off the mirror, it comes off easily held in by rubber posts and grommets, it allows you to get to the screws for the wiring.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Must have been assembled on a Friday... or Monday for that matter! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts