Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to Ducati’s andI know our bikes get hot. But yesterday I was riding in SoCal in 92 degree weather and at a stoplight the bike temp shot up to 221, btw there was no traffic. Even riding on the freeway cruising at 85mph the bike temp was at 212. Is this normal? Sorry just never hit this high while riding since I bought the bike.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Where is SoCal are you? Yes that temp is normal for stock fluid. You might want to flush it all and replace it with Water Wetter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
216F is normal for my bike at a stop with the fan running. At speed, 205-212F is normal for me.

Your bike will tell you "HI" if its too high.

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
592 Posts
216F is normal for my bike at a stop with the fan running. At speed, 205-212F is normal for me.

Your bike will tell you "HI" if its too high.
Same here. After a ride I hit the engine kill switch, key still on and listen to the fan run, dropping the temps to around 216 at which point fan shuts off.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I’ve seen my temps while riding in 90 degree temps drop to 185 while cruising - water wetter works wonders! It’s amazing how on some days the faster I went the lower the temp dropped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
With water wetter and 90 degree weather I run 220-225 in traffic and It can do down to as much as 200-205 on highway going 80

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just to add another point of reference, at 64F outside temp during nighttime, I was cruising at 50mph and the engine temp indicator was around 176F.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts