Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Rotobox RBX2 Carbon Fiber wheels are now available at www.motomillion.com

They are known to be the best lightweight wheels you can get for your 959 Panigale.

Front and rear wheels weigh only 13.65 lbs (+1 lbs for bearings)

Insane pricing until November 11, 2016 as a part of our introductory special!

How much is a set?

To see the pricing, follow the link below and simply use the discount code ROTOBOX at checkout, you might do a double take since you won't believe the pricing :nerd:

Click Here to See The Rotobox Product Page

What does a set of wheels come with?

The set of wheels include the wheels, the valve stems, the bearings and the sprocket carrier. You will need a new sprocket. Needed sprocket specs are as follows 5 (10mm holes), PCD 100mm and Sprocket ID 76mm.

How long will it take for me to receive them?

Currently there are only a few sets in stock, you will receive them within 5 business days of your purchase. We will notify you in this post if the current stock has been depleted, you can still purchase them at this special pricing, it'll take 3-4 weeks for delivery

Can I order a custom pair of wheels?

All stocked wheels are the shiny carbon wheels with black hubs and red valve stems as exactly seen in the pictures. If you want to custom order the wheels with matte carbon, colored hubs, rim stripe, these are all extras (some are pretty pricey too) and we can custom order them for you, custom orders can take up to 5 weeks to receive.

Will it fit my 959 Panigale?

Fits all 899 and 959 Panigale Models

As always, if you have any questions you can send a PM or ask away here!​

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so... can you sell the sprockets? or where can I buy them if you don't mind answering?
Yes we can supply the rear sprocket.

We have the stock pitch and the 520 pitch ones in stock, as well as a few different tooth options including the factory gearing tooth.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Any idea how much more weight can be saved with ceramic bearings instead of steel?

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any idea how much more weight can be saved with ceramic bearings instead of steel?
Both the front and rear bearings, if ceramic, are .15 lbs lighter.

The idea behind ceramic bearings are mostly the fact that they have less friction than the standard steel bearings, though, not their weight savings, but to answer your question, yes they are lighter by a total of .15 lbs

:nerd:

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For Comparison, how much do the OEM wheels weigh?
Straight off of our website :)

Weight comparison:

Rotobox RBX2 wheels: 13.65lbs
Factory 899 / 959 Panigale wheels: 27.2 lbs

The biggest difference is not that it weighs half, but it is where the weight is located, the weight on the Rotobox wheels mostly is closer to the center, which reduces the moment of inertia. Ask anyone who has fitted lightweight wheels, they might be a pricey upgrade, but they usually say it is the best money they've spent on a mod.

The RBX2 models are the lightest weight wheel available on the market right now in terms of carbon fiber wheels, and they do have reinforced rims on the wheel (reinforced with steel wire), which makes them usable on the street and more impact proof.

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holy moly that's a huge weight difference. Apologies for not double checking the site, I did see it before but it escaped my mind.
No apology needed, this way if people search stock wheel weight on the forum, it will be available in the searches to the forum users :nerd:

·
Registered
439 Posts
When I swapped my OEM wheels for the Rotobox, it was if you had been water skiing behind a pontoon boat and suddenly got up behind a Ski Nautique.

You had to be mindful not to oversteer from the improved feel of the lighter wheels.

Reactions: MotoMillion

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I swapped my OEM wheels for the Rotobox, it was if you had been water skiing behind a pontoon boat and suddenly got up behind a Ski Nautique.

You had to be mindful not to oversteer from the improved feel of the lighter wheels.
You need these for your S1000RR ;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
HTML:
You need these for your S1000RR ;)
With this pricing, I am tempted, but would be more so if I didn't already have the HP forged wheels.

I am actually thinking about adding a third bike, the Panigale R, so a new set of wheels, despite the great discount, isn't going to fly with the boss...

Reactions: MotoMillion
1 - 13 of 13 Posts