Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about the Superbike 1299 Panigale S but I may not need that much power under me so maybe the 959 Panigale will be the perfect step down from that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yea that is what I thought as well. The 1299 is fun but is it even more fun than the 959 Panigale? I think the 959 will be enough. In fact, the 1299 might be too much power for me.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm in the same boat, had a chance to see both the 1199 and 1299 at a show after binge watching video's on them, but with be sticking to local streets and highways for all of my riding... even my CBR600 was good enough but I feel the 959 will give that extra I wanted without going crazy overboard.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 959 Panigale may be perfect for those middle of nowhere highway drives but unless I plan to go on track a lot and race other super bikes I don't see a point in getting a 1199 or 1299.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Even if you're in the city it can be worth it, just for those moments when you'll have free stretches of road to let loose on, even during rush hour commutes you can come across those, but I try to go off peak.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The 959 Panigale may be perfect for those middle of nowhere highway drives but unless I plan to go on track a lot and race other super bikes I don't see a point in getting a 1199 or 1299.
Cause even if you want to go that fast, its illegal to do so in most cases. What's the point of having that power if you are not actually going to be able to use it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup. Speeding tickets are a pain on the insurance if you get caught. Not worth the risk to go full throttle on open roads with that much power.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Good call on selling your 848, prices on those will drop down a good amount once the 959 comes to market, however a good time for those that wanted an 848 to get one! Been telling one of my buddies new to Ducati to do just that.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm in the same boat, had a chance to see both the 1199 and 1299 at a show after binge watching video's on them, but with be sticking to local streets and highways for all of my riding... even my CBR600 was good enough but I feel the 959 will give that extra I wanted without going crazy overboard.
torque man torque... I hear you ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts