Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

SBK exhaust system fit

24K views 66 replies 17 participants last post by  shift_love 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew if this exhaust from Malasia would fit the US spec version of 959 Panigale. Here is the link:

I sent them a message on instagram saying US spec are underbelly and Euro is the shot gun style, and they said they have sold it to people in Cali and that the exhaust fits since the connecting point to the bike's incoming pipe is the same. I wonder if that is true?? Do i need to modify the fairings? Anyone?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Just saw this photo on their IG page today. Looks like these might be our exhausts.

I e-mailed SBK when I placed an order for the GP1 exhaust a couple of days ago and they told me to specify whether I have the US or Euro spec bike. I replied that I have the Euro spec exhaust and was informed that the GP1 is “100% compatible” out of the box with the Euro spec.

The main difference between the US and Euro version with regards to installing a de-cat exhaust is the center/mid y-pipe. One has a male end and the other a female end. I converted my US center pipe to the Euro version a couple of years ago to install a Euro spec Arrow exhaust. The Euro pipe cost me $300usd after tax and shipping.

I’ll post an update after I attempt installation. Good luck!

Attachments

#7 ·
Hmmm. I could be interested in buying one myself.
I'm in California (U.S. Spec Panigale 959)
Questions:
1) what material is the exhaust, the website does not say.
2) How durable is this thing? I track my bike frequently. How will this hold up over time?
3) Being significantly cheaper than any other slip on for the 959, what corners are cut? How/why is it so cheap?

Also, I'd like to see some close up photos of it actually installed. Specifically photos of where it mounts up.
Forgive me, but again; suspicion on build quality. Wondering about the integrity of the mounting hardware/brackets.

If the right move is really to spend over $1,000 USD to get something quality that won't fall apart in 6 months, then maybe I just spend the coin on an Arrow or Termi slip on.

OR

SBK Performance,
Convince me otherwise! :)
I'd love to support a smaller company that builds a quality product for a fraction of the price.

Anyone care to chime in here on my thoughts??

#11 ·
Evening all. I’ve just fitted one of these today (Euro 4). The can and de cat pipe are made out of stainless. Not sure what grade as I forgot to ask but it is quality kit, the welds are decent enough and the finish is second to none. They always Seem to get straight back in touch with you via messenger if you have any questions. A good company to deal with.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycle fairing
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle fairing Car

#13 ·
Hi. Thanks for the compliments. I haven’t been out on it yet but have a nice ride out planned on Sunday. I have a Sprint filter which I might be able to fit on Saturday and the Rapid Bike Evo is already on and waiting to do it’s thing. :)
I’m hoping after a few hundred miles it’ll start auto tuning itself and I’ll plug in the laptop for a look. The exhaust came with a Healtech servo eliminator so I shouldn’t get any error codes...

#14 ·
Hi. Thanks for the compliments. I haven’t been out on it yet but have a nice ride out planned on Sunday. I have a Sprint filter which I might be able to fit on Saturday and the Rapid Bike Evo is already on and waiting to do it’s thing. :)
I’m hoping after a few hundred miles it’ll start auto tuning itself and I’ll plug in the laptop for a look. The exhaust came with a Healtech servo eliminator so I shouldn’t get any error codes...
Hi
May I ask if you had to pay additional fees/taxes to the US customs ?
The reason I’m asking is related to the fact that this exhaust can’t be shipped directly to Israel from Malaysia ,so I’m considering using my US address but I need to know if I’ll need to pay additional fees/taxes upon receiving the exhaust in the US warehouse
Thanks

#22 ·
So I put in a message at the top of the thread, as I have ordered the gp1 exhaust for my US version, 2019 959 corse.

Overall, it fits. Took a lot of cussing and tinkering but it fit my bike and in my opinion looks amazing.

It's LOUD AS ****. Let me say that again, LOUD AS ****. But the sounds itself is BEAUTIFULLL.

If anyone has questions regarding how I installed it, or what it looks like, please feel free to email me.

Grantshawn9797@gmail.com.

#23 ·
So I put in a message at the top of the thread, as I have ordered the gp1 exhaust for my US version, 2019 959 corse.

Overall, it fits. Took a lot of cussing and tinkering but it fit my bike and in my opinion looks amazing.

It's LOUD AS *. Let me say that again, LOUD AS *. But the sounds itself is BEAUTIFULLL.

If anyone has questions regarding how I installed it, or what it looks like, please feel free to email me.

Grantshawn9797@gmail.com.
I had the same experience. A lot of tinkering was required to make it fit correctly but I eventually got there. The exhaust looks and sound great (loud!). I find myself wanting to ride the bike even more now because the sound is so satisfying :)

#47 ·
Sure you can swap it right away. Just be aware the bike might not run all that much better. The stock ECU has a very limited "autotune" feature built in so it's not like going back a step, just kinda sideways instead of forward 2. if that makes sense...

#48 · (Edited)
Just like said above, you can run it for the time being without other mods. I did have the RB Evo fitted before the exhaust and just added the high flow air filter the other week. To give you an idea of the changes made, I’ll upload a screenshot of the 3rd adaptation made to the std 959 map.

Screen Computer monitor Electronic device Technology Electronics

#55 ·
Pipe looks good, guys, but sounds amazing! Too bad you didn't have to endure someone's arm up ur *** like some brands! (As the cost is reasonable.) Do they make these for the bigger brother 1299?

Yes. Any sbk slip on that fits a 959 will fit the 1299. I have the 959 and have the GP1 exhaust. I respond faster in instagram if you want to talk about it. @the_panigaleproject

#62 ·
Looking to get the Euro SBK SP1 for my US 959, reached out to SBK and they stated I would have to remove the servo motor and flash the ecu.

Has anyone had to do that after installing?

And would my bike be ok if I installed the exhaust and not remove the servo motor and flash it?