Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just installed SC Project CR-T on my 959, but I think the biggest difference was more on the way it looks than the way it sounds. I couldn’t really see much difference on the sound.

The way it was:

The way it is now:

But it is very close to the swing arm:

I had to use a few spacers to avoid the silencer touching on the swig arm.

Anyway. I love it even more now

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
It does look better than the Euro OEM for sure.
My best guess is that the lack of sound difference is because you still have the underbelly mid-section which probably contains the cat.
I'm surprised that SC-Project do not make headers for the Euro 959 Panigale version such as yours.

Reactions: Cotonete

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing I could do to deal with the lack of sound would be using a full exhaust system, or there would have an intermediate known solution?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The only thing I could do to deal with the lack of sound would be using a full exhaust system, or there would have an intermediate known solution?
I can only think of two solutions:
1) The best would be to have SC-Project to build headers to match their silencers. That would become a "full system".
2) Core the mid-section of your exhaust to remove some of the restrictions.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Thanks once more @DarR

Is there anyone here who have done this?
Yes, for the US type exhaust. However, the Euro version such as your is easier to work with. The biggest challenge for coring is minimizing the visible surgical welds on the US canisters. This is ONLY a US problem. The welds would not be visible on a Euro version mid-section. This would be your simplest and cheapest solution.

However, now that I've had more coffee, there is a 3rd solution: a custom built mid section pipe.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
@Cotonete Yes.
You would either have to clean-out the insides of this mid-section or replace it completely with a pipe and "Y" connector.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
That thing must weigh 20 pounds! It’s huge!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell me about it.

But I would like just a little bit more noise, and I think if I remove that huge thing I might have problems with LEO down here. Let’s see, I’ll keep thinking through.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
That thing must weigh 20 pounds! It’s huge!!!
Probably as we're not that far off as our under-slung cans weigh-in at 14.5 lbs.
I'm sure there's plenty of weight saving potential in that Euro mid section.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts