Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what i need to install the SCS1 slip-on but look clean like the full system of the 1299 for my 959:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Can anyone tell me what i need to install the SCS1 slip-on but look clean like the full system of the 1299 for my 959:confused::confused::confused:
I don't think you can as the 1299 came with under-slung (North American Style) canisters whereas all the exhaust systems offered by SC-Project for the 959 seem to be available exclusively as a slip-on for the European style 959.

Notwithstanding, if you do own a North-American 959 with under-slung canisters, there's a good chance the 1299 SC-Project S1 would fit.
I suggest you send SC-Project an email to confirm. You'll definitely need a fuel controller also.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'm just speculating, but I think that the Euro4 Panigales (aka shotgun exhaust) don't have anything different upstream of the slip-on, thus, buying any 959 exhaust slip-on (ie. both termis, akra, 1299, US959, etc.) would fit fine. It's not completely clear however, but some resources found here in regards to Euro4 to US exhaust conversion that would indicate that it might be as simple as that.

I'd echo @DarR and recommend you ring them up, but I have a feeling that they'll say something along the lines of "we only advertise that it fits on US versions of the 1299, not sure about euro4 959" or something vague like that.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The Euro4 Panigale 959 has a big box that contains "who knows what" which would have to be replaced with a 2 to 1 collector that is offered with the SC-Project S1 1299 kit.
This seems to be confirmed by looking at both the parts list and the pricing, as the 959 S1 is priced at 820 euros whereas, the 1299 S1 is priced at 1,630 euros to account for the extra part.

Moreover, if you have a Euro4 Panigale 959 and SC-Project confirms that the 1299 kit does work on the Euro 959, you'd also have to buy a new lower right-hand fairing panel to make it fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
The 1299 version will not fit due to the placement in relation to the double sided swingarm.

Reactions: XCLR8TN

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The 1299 version will not fit due to the placement in relation to the double sided swingarm.
Good point (and good eyes). How did I miss that? :rolleyes:
SC-Project would have to make a kit similar to their 1299 but especially designed for the 959.
Even then, it would not be as compact as the 1299 as the link pipe would have to go around the swingarm.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This. I contacted SC about it earlier this year and this was the official response.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Unfortunately, European 959 buyers really got the short end of the stick. IMHO, and in addition to the SC-Project, the only other good looking aftermarket (at reasonable price) is the Zard system. Even then, I have issues with possible heat generated near the plastic tail piece, no tail tidy is possible either and you must modify the stock blinker/plate bracket to clear the exhaust flow. Considering the above and the total costs, the SC is probably a much better solution.

I'd like to conclude my contribution to this thread with the following closing comment:

I think the ultimate prize for stupidity has got to be awarded to Termignoni. Going front exit with a new model to fit the Panigales was "Total Retard" IMO. They had a perfectly marketable exhaust already (from the 1199/899) on the board and shelf. All they needed to do was tool an adapter or a "Y" pipe to make it fit and offer the canisters as either in Carbon or Titanium at a much reduced price to an Akrapovic.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i saw some guys in Vietnam installing the S1 for their bikes and i don't know if what they did was making the link pipe so the muffler could fit perfectly on the bike

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I inquired about the SC system for the 959 last year. SC advised me it is for the Euro spec bike only and will not work on US models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts